Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWA Silver Elite Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:42 am

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
Originally Posted by Sin5Cents
Is this an unpublished benefit?
Yes--see the other recent threads on international op-upgrades. If coach is oversold and they have room in business, they'll upgrade Platinums, then golds, etc. Some platinums have pretty good records, though it helps to fly during peak tourist season (summer, long weekends).

Last edited by PersonalFlotationDevice; Jul 1, 2005 at 9:43 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by kdinino
Its worth it if you don't go overboard and spend $500+ to obtain it via MR's when you otherwise wouldn't have gotten to Silver....
Again, I would disagree. It depends on your own situation and what you want out of it. My wife & spend $900+ on our Dec. MR's and feel that it was well worth it.

Some people barely make Silver and fly a lot more than 4-5 times/year.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:39 pm

Programs: NW Gold, United Premier, Hertz 5 Star, Priority Club PLT, Hilton Gold
Yes. Any chance for a free upgrade is worth it to me. Also, CO honors your status so you will get upgraded on CO also. I've been told that on CO, since it's a worldperks elite status, your put into the queue as if you were a CO elite and not behind all the CO elites. (someone correct me if i'm wrong.)
Old Jul 1, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
When I can't get an upgrade, I really enjoy Row 5 (first row of coach) - great legroom - better than the bulkhead of most other airlines because you can still put stuff under the seat in front of you.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
As a silver elite that is about to go Gold this weekend, I can tell you its so worth it. I have only missed one upgrade out of CLT and that is traveling transcon several times. The quicker security lines in some air ports, the great elite customer service and meaningful upgrade shots are fantastic. If you can go for it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.