Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Fly Free Faster 2005 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 6:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry if posted here before but I found the url on my WP Visa statement which arrrived today.

http://www.nwa.com/offers/fff2005/

Registration May 16th.

But qualification quite a bit tougher than previous years.
1) Requires TWO domestic (or 4 segments) or one International flight RT
2) New Visa card
3) New Worldclubs Annual membership

mike

Last edited by MIKESILV; May 13, 2005 at 6:17 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 13, 2005, 6:29 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
^ Thanks.

- Pat
Old May 13, 2005, 6:46 pm

Programs: Skyteam PE; at one point or another everything else
The rules this year are quite tricky.....

only 3 idines (but no minimum) this year...

plus a $25 min on ONE ITEM... so that means not buying $25 of books at bn.com through the mall anymore.

Sad.
Old May 13, 2005, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414776
Old May 13, 2005, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by MIKESILV

1) Requires TWO domestic (or 4 segments) or one International flight RT

mike
The T&C seem to suggest that it is 2 Domestic Round trips or 4 Domestic One Way trips - NOT a single RT with 4 segments.

Qualifying domestic flights include any two (2) paid roundtrip fares or four (4) paid one-way fares in North America, in which you earn WorldPerks miles and complete after registration and during the Promotional Period.
Old May 13, 2005, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Qualifying domestic flights include any two (2) paid roundtrip fares or four (4) paid one-way fares in North America, in which you earn WorldPerks miles and complete after registration and during the Promotional Period. Qualifying international flights include any one (1) paid roundtrip fare or two (2) paid one-way fares departing from North America to destinations outside of North America, in which you earn WorldPerks miles and complete after registration and during the Promotional Period.
So does this mean that flights to Hawai'i count as an International flight?
Old May 13, 2005, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriott
I can see a million questions arising from this one:

Earn miles from other miscellaneous WorldPerks Mileage Partners.
Old May 14, 2005, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
If you do any travelling in the next ~4 months you should have no problems getting 10k into your account. In fact, for most of us it will happen whether you try or not!

Always fun to see the extent that some will go to get these miles (i.e. What is the least I can do to get this?).

This promotion has always been about promoting partner activity. I am not surprised to see an increased requirement for the qualifying flights, simply to encourage those that will not fly to qualify using the partner activities.

Have fun!
Old May 14, 2005, 6:20 pm

Programs: Skyteam PE; at one point or another everything else
Originally Posted by fromYXU

This promotion has always been about promoting partner activity. I am not surprised to see an increased requirement for the qualifying flights, simply to encourage those that will not fly to qualify using the partner activities.

Have fun!
don't you have to do the qualifying activities (fly twice domestic or once int) AND do the partner activities?

Assuming that you do 5 partner activities at $25 EACH and take 2 MRs at $100 each (though I doubt you'd be able to do it for those prices completely) than that's $325

325/10000 = .0325 or 3.25 cents a mile. A good MR could net you a better ratio...
Old May 14, 2005, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by urbandirtbag
Assuming that you do 5 partner activities at $25 EACH ...
With no minimum on Idine, you can get 3 partners for less than $5.00 by buying a cup of coffee 3x. If you use a NW VISA to pay for it, that's another partner for no additional cost.
Old May 14, 2005, 8:03 pm

325/10000 = .0325 or 3.25 cents a mile. A good MR could net you a better ratio...
Next week I fly to SAN, stay in a hotel, rent a car and eat out (I'll see if I can make them I-Dine but I am not that fanatic). I will be half way there without trying. If you try to get the miles like you say, then I am not certain it works out.

My point is that for those who travel even less than once a month should have no problems with this promotion.
Old May 14, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
don't you have to do the qualifying activities (fly twice domestic or once int) AND do the partner activities?

Assuming that you do 5 partner activities at $25 EACH and take 2 MRs at $100 each (though I doubt you'd be able to do it for those prices completely) than that's $325

If you already have the 2 flights booked this is a really easy to do promo, and not soend hardly any money
Old May 14, 2005, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Next week I fly to SAN, stay in a hotel, rent a car and eat out (I'll see if I can make them I-Dine but I am not that fanatic). I will be half way there without trying.
You will be 0% of the way there. The promotion doesn't start until June 1st.
Old May 14, 2005, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You will be 0% of the way there. The promotion doesn't start until June 1st.
I guess so!!!

Well, still good for the next trip I take anyway. Still an easy promotion for true FTers. ^
Old May 14, 2005, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Still an easy promotion for true FTers. ^
...who happen to be travelling on biz over summer months anyway or who happen to live closer to cheaper NW routes. The jump to two domestic RT's makes it that much harder for those, like myself, who don't fall into those categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.