Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$3k increase in price in 5 mins

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Plt,AA ExPlt,UA Pre,USAir Gld,*wood Plat, HIL Gld, Hyatt Gld, PriorityCl Plt, Marriot Silv
$3k increase in price in 5 mins

need to go to india next week on last minute. coach tix were available for 4300, biz was 4500 on a longer leg version.(my company only pays for coach) i booked my flight and paid the difference. when my coworkers who were trying hard to fly on UA/LH (which had 4k coach and 9k biz class) finally gave up and take the tremendous deal i had got; and the price of biz class went to 7500. They were pissed since they now flying on nwa coach at roughly same price i paid for biz. snooze you lose...

on flip side, i will requalify for plat in 05 by wednesday.... bring on platinum points
Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Any chance you just did it now? Since it's just after 10pm PST, it's possible we turned into tomorrow (Saturday) CST, and they missed an advance purchase requiremement.

It's also possible you got the last discounted biz seat.

Either way, it seems like you're in much better shape than they are for that loooong trip!
Old Apr 16, 2005, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: NWA Plt,AA ExPlt,UA Pre,USAir Gld,*wood Plat, HIL Gld, Hyatt Gld, PriorityCl Plt, Marriot Silv
Originally Posted by channa
Any chance you just did it now? Since it's just after 10pm PST, it's possible we turned into tomorrow (Saturday) CST, and they missed an advance purchase requiremement.

It's also possible you got the last discounted biz seat.

Either way, it seems like you're in much better shape than they are for that loooong trip!
no, i did this at 9AM . made my day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.