Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Partner airline vs. Codeshare flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, US, AA, MR

NWA.com won't allow me to price a non-stop flight from ANC-LAX. I know AS is a Northwest Partner, and if I were booking an award ticket it lets me do such. After trying all sorts of things on the website I called NW and was told that NW does not offer any code share flights from ANC to LAX and my only options booking with them would be through ANC-MSP or ANC-DTW. Does anyone know different?

My actual routing is:
15Jun05 PHL-ANC
21Jun05 ANC-LAX
27Jun05 LAX-PHL

I've tried several combos and the best so far is a UA multi-city
PHL-ORD-ANC-SFO-LAX (524.81)
+ a one way US LAX-PHL (+/- $100)

or a
r/t UA PHL-LAX (+/-200) + UA LAX-SFO-ANC-SFO-LAX (between 338.30-454).

or a
AA PHL-ORD-ANC-LAX (636) + US LAX-PHL ($+/-100). The AA ANC-LAX is closer to my ideal travel times.

Anyone have any other ideas (or suggest a different forum to post on?)

Other things to know...no status so all travel in coach. While EQMs are not important, it would be nice to take advantage of the normal mileage earnings so ability to earn on NW, AA or US would be preferred. Trying to arrive ANC as close to 9:30pm as possible. Rest of family is traveling ANC-LAX 4:45pm (would consider changing to Jun21 12am later/red eye to BUR)and LAX-PHL-Red eye.

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 8:33 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I ran your dates on Orbitz, forcing NW and AS, and got flights from $756. The only advantage to NWA.com would be saving the Orbitz fee of $6.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:46 am

You do it entirely on DL for $725 with one stop on each leg:

PHL-ATL/SLC-ANC
ANC-SLC-LAX
LAX-ATL/CVG/PHL

Or you could do:

NW PHL-DTW-LAX-IND-PHL ($214)

with a nested

AS LAX-ANC-LAX ($576)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.