Wiki Posts
Search

Twisted Logic?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Twisted Logic?

Does this make sense or is it just me?

My wife was a silver elite last year, but was missing miles from a flight on Dec 31 to requalify for this year, after writing to NW on 22nd Feb and calling the following week, they posted the miles on 9th March and reinstated the SE status.
On March 2nd my wife flew from PHX to EDI these miles have posted but no SE bonus, we called NW and they say that is our responsibility to ensure that miles post and that from 1st March to 9th March she had reverted to base status.
So now we are penalised for a NW mistake!!

I guess some more letters are needed, just wondered what others thought.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:57 am

Programs: WP Gold or Silver 98-05
It certainly sounds surprising and unreasonable to me. You do need to write again to get it sorted out, doesn't sound like typical NWA behavior.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Norri
Does this make sense or is it just me?

My wife was a silver elite last year, but was missing miles from a flight on Dec 31 to requalify for this year, after writing to NW on 22nd Feb and calling the following week, they posted the miles on 9th March and reinstated the SE status.
On March 2nd my wife flew from PHX to EDI these miles have posted but no SE bonus, we called NW and they say that is our responsibility to ensure that miles post and that from 1st March to 9th March she had reverted to base status.
So now we are penalised for a NW mistake!!

I guess some more letters are needed, just wondered what others thought.
She is silver, and that is silver, period.

Therefore she is entitled to silver elite bonus, regardless what computer does. Just write a polite letter to NW ......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.