Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Salatizer: New FC meal?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Salatizer: New FC meal?

Haven't done a midcon in a while, and last night on MSP-LAX got the usual chicken/beef choice but...

Appetizer and salad was replaced by what I can only call a salatizer: hefty smoked salmon in the same bowl as the lettuce.

Also added a selection of fruit, and the pot roast was more flavorful, with a kick of worcestershire and better presentation.

Is this the new enhanced menu Hector mentioned a few months ago for Domestic FC? Or will what he's talking about be more dramatic?

Always liked the separate app, but they were generous with the salmon, so no complaints.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
On my last two West Coast - MSP flights I have had the combo salad appetizer (I love Saletizer). I have had shrimp in with my salad and a side thingy of cocktail sauce. In addition, they added fruit. The rest of the meals seemed about the same though.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Ooooh! Sounds good. I'll look forward to it -- unless I choose a $3 snack box instead.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Last weekend DTW/LAX the salad had salmon that was wrapped around cream cheese with some capers mixed in. Very tasty. The salad also included slices of potatoes and hard boiled eggs. I thought if the salad portion could be made a little larger it would be a good meal substitute.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
On this past Saturday from MSP-LAX, they offered Chinese style dumplings over a bed of fried rice. I couldn't believe my eyes! Didn't quite go well with the piece of cake offered, though.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by slippahs
On this past Saturday from MSP-LAX, they offered Chinese style dumplings over a bed of fried rice. I couldn't believe my eyes! Didn't quite go well with the piece of cake offered, though.
That really sounds like overflow from the NRT flight. Or if it's something new, that would be awsome.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slippahs
I also had this on a MSP-LAX lunch flight, it was tasty ... totally agree with not going with the cake though. Actually, although usually good a lot of the First meals don't really go together "Care for a salad with your Chicken Pasta Salad?"
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
New Promotion

It's a new promotion:

Northwest WorldPerks Salatizer Points!

Each variety of our new first class salatizer specials has a game piece on your tray. Collect all four -- the Asian chicken, the smoked salmon, the Teriyaki beef, and our signature 10,000 Lakes Minnesota prawn salad -- and your points will add up!

Here's how it works:

Collect 1 unique game piece: 100 WorldPerks miles
Collect 2 unique game pieces: 300 WorldPerks miles
Collect 3 unique game pieces: 500 WorldPerks miles
Collect all 4 unique game pieces: 1,000 WorldPerks miles

There's no limit to how many you can earn. Keep flying, keep dining, keep earning! Salatize your way to your next vacation. Whether you're looking for a week in Cancun, or a weekend in Flint, WorldPerks is your fastest way to earn free travel!

But wait, there's more...

From now through May 30, 2005, you can double your salatizer bonus miles when you perform any of the following:

- Spend $247.63 or more at any WorldPerks Mall partner
- Eat seventeen (17) times at any idine restaurant
- Take twenty-four (24) in-state flights wholly within Michigan, Minnesota, or Tennessee (excludes connecting flights to/from outside the state)

Visit www.nwa.com/salatizer for more information.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by channa
It's a new promotion:

Each variety of our new first class salatizer specials has a game piece on your tray. Collect all four -- the Asian chicken, the smoked salmon, the Teriyaki beef, and our signature 10,000 Lakes Minnesota prawn salad -- and your points will add up!

Here's how it works:

There's no limit to how many you can earn. Keep flying, keep dining, keep earning! Salatize your way to your next vacation. Whether you're looking for a week in Cancun, or a weekend in Flint, WorldPerks is your fastest way to earn free travel!

From now through May 30, 2005, you can double your salatizer bonus miles when you perform any of the following:

- Take twenty-four (24) in-state flights wholly within Michigan, Minnesota, or Tennessee (excludes connecting flights to/from outside the state)

I almost believed you Wait until April 1st
Old Mar 10, 2005, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Hmm, these new salads (with salmon) and the chinese pot-stickers sound very much like CO's F lunches/dinner. Sumtin' tells me they are being catered by the same people now or the "Chef" from Continental has jumped ship to Northwest :-D

I hate it when the FA's forget to give you the soy sauce with the pot stickers or tell you they don't have any.

-RM
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM, National Emerald Club, Hilton Gold
This one really is funny!! Knowing how NW loves their promotions, some in Eagan probably is taking notes!!

Originally Posted by channa
It's a new promotion:

Here's how it works:

Old Mar 10, 2005, 6:45 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ATP Pilot
That really sounds like overflow from the NRT flight. Or if it's something new, that would be awsome.
It's definitely something new and not overflow - i had this on for lunch a recent mid-day DTW-SFO flight. It was quite good, esp. with the soy sauce although the 1 little packet was a bit stingy.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Anyone tried the chicken lasagna? Made this mistake MEM-LAX last weekend. I'd rather eat a used diaper. Very nice FA noticed that I only ate 2 bites and offered me an extra beef entre or the turkey sandwich from a crew meal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.