Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

upgraded after checkin, before gate??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton

ok something weird happened to me just now..

i checked in for my upcoming MSN-DTW flight yesterday, asked me if i would like to upgrade if available, it was not available. i got the email and a voicemail also stating i would be placed on the waitinglist.

i went to print my boarding pass just a few minutes ago and my seat was listed 4D. theoretically i could have already printed my boarding pass with 15B. if i hadn't checked again would they have notified me at the gate?

is this normal??
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:29 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Yes, quite normal. If they did not notify you at the gate the machine should have beeped when they tried to scan your earlier printed BP and there should have been a new one waiting there for you.

They either released more R seats or someone went standby on an earlier flight or cancelled a reservation. You basically got the upgrade since you had already checked in.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Hilton
for some reason i was under the impression if you didnt get it at checkin you had to wait until the 15 minutes before the door closed. my mistake, thanks for the info.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:16 pm

Programs: NW Plat
It would appear that the 3 hr mark has some significance based on my experience. Happens all the time to me too...
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:18 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
this is why i sometimes check in the WC with the rep to see if i was upgraded to get my new BP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.