Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Checked in, can a phone agent un-check you*?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]

*Under the condition that you've booked a mileage upgrade on that segment of the paid ticket?

The helpful agent I spoke with on the elite line says no, since when one checks in, a hold gets placed on the award ticket that gets created when using a mileage upgrade. Can anyone explain this a bit further (as to why a hold gets placed on the ticket)?

Reason being, I had upgraded a HNL-MSP flight tomorrow night with miles and see that there's R class availablity (noticed that after checking in). Wanted to redeposit, save 17,500 miles for $50 and use one of those Hawai'i Resident elite certs to upgrade.

edit: I called the nwa.com support line (# available on nwa.com) and was able to ask the agent to uncheck me in, which he did, successfully.

Last edited by slippahs; Jan 10, 2005 at 5:35 am
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by slippahs
*Under the condition that you've booked a mileage upgrade on that segment of the paid ticket?

The helpful agent I spoke with on the elite line says no, since when one checks in, a hold gets placed on the award ticket that gets created when using a mileage upgrade. Can anyone explain this a bit further (as to why a hold gets placed on the ticket)?

Reason being, I had upgraded a HNL-MSP flight tomorrow night with miles and see that there's R class availablity (noticed that after checking in). Wanted to redeposit, save 17,500 miles for $50 and use one of those Hawai'i Resident elite certs to upgrade.

Thanks for all your help. aloha

As far as I know they can't.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just a little update on the situation... It all worked out, I called the nwa.com support line (not the reg. elite line) and they unchecked me in. Called the elite line again and they processed the change (though the miles aren't showing up in my account yet--is there a delay between redepositing and when they show up?). Again, a bunch of excellent people working the elite lines and nwa.com support lines. Bravo NW.

aloha
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:23 am

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Generally there is not a delay in re-depositing the miles, but there can be a delay until after midnight central standard time when the computer runs some kind of a program that processes all the transactions for that day.

If they are not showing within 48 hours I would definitly call back.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
My own follow-up: I actually just got off the phone with a Plat rep after asking her basically the same question. Her answer was yes, they can easily cancel the check-in, and redeposit miles (in this case, I was asking about award miles used to u/g a paid reservation to HNL). I didn't ask about the time frame for mileage re-deposit, but as wldtrvlr said, if the miles aren't there in 48 hours, call.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks again for all your replies. The miles were back in my account this morning and the ticket was rebooked right after the WP center was opened.

I just realized how effective this system is for Plats based in Hawai'i. Plats could theoretically book a mileage upgrade on all their flights... then 5 days out, use their Plat Hawai'i Resident Upgrade certificates and redeposit thier own miles without a charge. That way, Hawai'i based Plats can ALWAYS be confirmed in First AND use these certs at the same time (from what I've been told, they get 16 of these, compared to DL's PM which only get 8). The waiver of the $50 fee is an invaluable and valuable benefit for Plats.

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.