Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Help!! Item missing from my luggage!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help!! Item missing from my luggage!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:30 pm

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by terenz
On this topic, jewellery insurance where I am is exhorbitant (not that we have many muggings or reported B&Es). Maximum claim for unlisted jewellery is only $500 or so, and premium on declared/listed jewellery is some 15% p.a.!
(Completely off topic): For those of us living in the US, rates range from 1% to 3% from Jeweler's Mutual (http://www.jewelersmutual.com)
Old May 3, 2006, 12:24 am

stolen items.

A week ago I had 2 items (a shirt and pants) - brand new, with tags, stolen out of my luggage on a UA p.s flight from Kennedy to LAX and connecting through on Ted to LAS. The bag was unlocked, I used the Premier/Biz checkin at Kennedy. I suspect something happened in LAX. One of my bags had been opened with a TSA notice inside it, the other the zipper was in a different location (on side, not top) and the two items missing.

All, please think very carefully about what you pack in your checked luggage.
Old May 3, 2006, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
Good luck...it is a sickening feeling. We had a digital camera stolen from our checked luggage about 3 years ago, though not nearly as valuable as what you've lost, we still shouldn't have slid it in the checked bag.

You might have some trouble getting a police report filed. I never found an agency who would file one for me. I was on US from PVD-PIT-STL. Tried PVD, PIT, and STL airport police departments, none of which wanted to help since they couldn't be 100% sure a crime occurred at their airport (I know almost 100% it occurred in PVD, as the plane was more than 2 hours late, plenty of time for luggage to just sit there). My insurance company allowed me to file the claim without a police report after I explained the situation, so if you do find resistance from the police, explain the situation to insurance and hopefully they'll be understanding.
Old May 3, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kawoh
A week ago I had 2 items (a shirt and pants) - brand new, with tags, stolen out of my luggage .
Reminds me of a return trip I had from Beijing. My New York Yankees hat was taken and replaced by a towel! Guess they thought it was a fair exchange

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.