Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

90 miles short of Silver Elite, what can I do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

90 miles short of Silver Elite, what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
You might try booking a room here in Hawai'i ... More info here:

http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/process...p=NWADoubleEQM

aloha
I tried this link when I found it in a search and it didn't work then either. Any hints? Not finding anything at HHonors site either. Just trying to get the IP his status.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:17 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I did a recalculation of my status, and the DL's EQM change to 50% took me from comfortably over silver to 25 miles short. *25* miles. Since I heard NW isn't automatically comping status and that my actual dollars spent on NW metal this year totalled a whopping $450 (a one way from MKE-IAD, and RT from SNA-MKE) I wasn't going to chance it. I got a $150 mileage run out of LAX-LAS. Although NW flies one nonstop a day, the times suck, so I booked HP LAX-LAS on the way out and DL on the way back with a stop in SLC. Oh, and that $150 includes two nights at the stratosphere in Vegas.

Each ticket was booked separately on each airline. I was going to book them through expedia but they wouldn't give me an e-ticket and wanted $20 for the privelege. Screw 'em. The hotel was booked online through travelzoo at the rate of $19/night + tax. No special discount, just a good rate. Beats the $250 I was going to spend just to take an MR to MDW.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
I tried this link when I found it in a search and it didn't work then either. Any hints? Not finding anything at HHonors site either. Just trying to get the IP his status.
Sorry about that... Try the link in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=hilton

FWIW, the promo ends on Nov. 31st.

aloha
Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Is it possible to fly within Japan on NW?

I don't know whether it's possible or not, but how about flying between NGO and NRT? There might be restrictions on who can fly this route, and if this is not possible, sorry!!

Jiburi
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:25 am

Programs: NW, UA
If nothing else, you might find a good fare to korea (ICN or PUS) on Korean Air. Now that NW is a Skyteam member, you can earn EQM on KE! They have multiple flights out of KIX.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Thumbs up

To finish this thread, NW called me back today to say that if I don't fly anymore in 2004, then they will boost me to Silver on Jan. 1, 05! All I did was call WorldPerks and ask for it. They took about a week to get back to me. Of course, I'll check my account on 1/1 to see if it really happens, but I'm pretty happy.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:21 am

Programs: Delta Silver, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nishimark
To finish this thread, NW called me back today to say that if I don't fly anymore in 2004, then they will boost me to Silver on Jan. 1, 05! All I did was call WorldPerks and ask for it. They took about a week to get back to me. Of course, I'll check my account on 1/1 to see if it really happens, but I'm pretty happy.

I'm almost in the same boat -- I'll be 170 miles short of silver after my second return from London via Amsterdam next week. (I am so ruing the day I took a "direct" flight from GRR to BWI -- Who knew back in January I would end up flying so much and that it would make such a difference? Oh well, live and learn.)

But beyond being 80 more miles short than nishimark, I don't yet have status either. Do you think that made all the difference in them honoring the request?
Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Oh, just to add: I am flying to make up the difference; I was just curious about the other, especially if anything goes wrong here. I have a Christmas holiday flight to Atlanta on Delta and am going to have the miles credited to NW, so whether i get 50% (500) or 100% (1000) EQM, however that works, I'll be OK, right?

(And I was all set to fly NW, too, but getting back to Baltimore in time for work at 4 p.m. 12/26 was going to be near impossible without leaving for the airport at 5:30 a.m. -- yuck. And then my boyfriend, who already has his silver status, wanted to save money and used an award ticket, which put him on Delta anyway.)
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:18 am

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by baker8
....so whether i get 50% (500) or 100% (1000) EQM, however that works, I'll be OK, right?

depends on the fare basis... assuming your flights are delta coded AND on delta metal: Elite Qualifying Miles at 100%: M, H, Q, K, G, Z, S, X, V
Elite Qualifying Miles at 50%: L, U, T

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.