Wiki Posts
Search

Connection & Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Connection & Lounge Question

Flying from SIN-NRT-PDX in a few weeks. I'd appreciate your help clarifying some questions i have about this itinerary

1) Is there a NWA lounge in SIN? If so, is it open at 5 AM?

2) Is 1 hr enough to connect at NRT? Connection from NW 12 to NW 6. And is there enough time to visit the NWA lounge at NRT? What's the quality of the NWA lounge at NRT? In your opinion, "is it a must to do" or can i get a better experience by strolling the airside?

3) How is the inflight service on NW 12 & NW 6 - IFE, Service, & Food Quality/Variety?

Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 5:47 pm

1(a):http://www.nwa.com/services/bustrav/...bs/locat.shtml
2:http://www.nwa.com/travel/timetable/help.pdf
Old Sep 4, 2004, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
<rubs eyes tiredly>

I just got in from NW12-NW28 (SIN-NRT-SFO).

There's a CIAS lounge that opens at 3 or 3:15 I think. Don't cut yourself too close on time checking in -- I know people who have been denied boarding who showed up to checkin right at 5:00am for the 6:00am flight.

It's not a real great lounge, but it's got some danishes and little egg salad sandwiches (i.e., a bit nicer than WorldClub fare, but not much better).

Is NW6 really scheduled that tightly? I'm surprised, in that it was on the ground when we were bussed out to NW28 today. Regardless, you should be okay on that. We had 90 minutes today, and even with being at bus gates at both ends, we had plenty of time to hit the WorldClub. You'll have less time to spend at the WC unless you really like to be one of the last to board. Depends on your personal preferences.

NW12 will still be the DC-10. So it's basic PTV, no AVOD if you are up front. In back it's the projector screens. Service up front consists of a breakfast, and then a fruit plate before arrival.

NW6 will be the A330, which I haven't had a chance to fly, so I can't comment on yet. I was almost tempted to route back through PDX just to check it out, but couldn't bring myself to make an 18 hour set of flights even longer.

Steve
Old Sep 4, 2004, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold
Thanks sllevin

Thanks Sllevin. I'm connecting thru PDX on purpose to experience their new A332 business product. Will fly back same route back to NRT in Nov 1 this time from SEA just in time for the the A332 service on this route. I haven't flown NWA in 8 years so i thought i would check it out before i committed to the Nov 1st flight....if not, it's back to UAL, Asiana, Cathay, and Singapore...even if it takes longer than non-stop SEA-NRT on NWA.

I was shocked too to find out that the connection time in NRT was just an hour...unbelievable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.