Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

New "view/change reservations" functionality on nwa.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta murdered it. RIP WorldPerks

Since this morning it looks likey they've implemented some cool changes to the way reservations are viewed and altered. You may now select your seat directly, without "creating" a link manually, for all reservations. Elite members may finally pre-select exit row and premier seats themselves. Sweet!

Also are links to seatmaps (via equipment type) and the ability to update Frequent Flyer information. Pretty cool.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Just checked it out. The ability to select exit row seating online as an elite is a +. Although I just noticed that there are now "P" (Premium) seats in the First Class section...

aloha
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Sorry, I'm very confused by your post.

Elites have always been able to select Premium seats on flights - and from what I can tell, we still cannot select Exit Row seats (they are still blocked).

I've got a trip that starts tomorrow and I've been checking a few things this week on the reservation using nwa.com and I see no changes to their system today.

Maybe I'm missing something....

-RM
Old Aug 25, 2004, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I noticed something changed this morning, but wasn't quite sure what it was.
tom
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Sweet!
Finally can change seat assignment of reservations not made via NWA.com. ^
Still can not change seats on KLM flights though.

This is a great enhancement! This is getting better and better every day.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:58 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Sweet!
Finally can change seat assignment of reservations not made via NWA.com. ^
Still can not change seats on KLM flights though.

This is a great enhancement! This is getting better and better every day.
That is so nice!! Thank you for the heads up! That should save lots of calls to the elite line for moving from Aisle to Window seats.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:01 pm

Programs: NW Plat
Originally Posted by wldtrvlr
That is so nice!! Thank you for the heads up! That should save lots of calls to the elite line for moving from Aisle to Window seats.
You said it! Especially since half the time I call the elite line to change seat assignments and check the next day, my seat is "not assigned"

RobOnLI, I just selected several exit row seats a few minutes ago and everything went smoothly. Maybe there are still a few bugs to work out...
Old Aug 25, 2004, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Sorry, I'm very confused by your post.

Elites have always been able to select Premium seats on flights - and from what I can tell, we still cannot select Exit Row seats (they are still blocked).

I've got a trip that starts tomorrow and I've been checking a few things this week on the reservation using nwa.com and I see no changes to their system today.

Maybe I'm missing something....

-RM
Don't choose "Seat Selection" from the Current Reservations screen. Instead click on "Change Current Northwest Reservations" on the left, then click View under "Reservation Details", then click on one of the seat numbers in the itinerary shown. This will bring up the seat map in the current window, cued to your first flight. There you can choose an exit row seat. Worked for me.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 2:31 pm

This is actually a great enhancement- thanks for pointing it out. I can now easily change my seat after my corporate travel agent books tickets.

Just picked up row 5 on a DC9 and an exit row on the A319.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:07 pm

Elite Seats in the back of the plane

I looked at this for a flight I booked for my mom (no status), and oddly it has elite seats in the last row(s) of the plane.
PWM-MSP
MSP-YVR

Never seen that before!

Though in Indonesia, we did board one plane from the absolute back of the plane climbing up stairs to the aisle. So, if the planes board that way, those back-seat elites can get out first...!
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:10 pm

Cool. Just went in and changed my seats to my favorite... Saves call to the elite line... I m now happy.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
This is great!! Now if they would only offer advance seat selection for flights within Europe....
Old Aug 25, 2004, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond
Right on NWA!!!
Old Aug 25, 2004, 8:18 pm

[QUOTE=dave_261]This is actually a great enhancement- thanks for pointing it out. I can now easily change my seat after my corporate travel agent books tickets.QUOTE]

I completely agree, this was my first thought too! Thanks NWA! Changing seats online is so much more convenient.

I just got to my hotel, and tried this out on my reservation that I am in the 'middle' of, and it let me change the return segment seats (in F, of course, you go Northwest!).
Old Aug 25, 2004, 8:34 pm

Programs: NW Plat
Originally Posted by CommercialDrive
I looked at this for a flight I booked for my mom (no status), and oddly it has elite seats in the last row(s) of the plane.
PWM-MSP
MSP-YVR

Never seen that before!

Though in Indonesia, we did board one plane from the absolute back of the plane climbing up stairs to the aisle. So, if the planes board that way, those back-seat elites can get out first...!
I noticed this too:

A320V: 25DEF, all of row 26 are Premium
756: 39/40DEF are Premium
755: 39/40DEF are Premium, 41ABC (I think) are Premium

These aren't terrific seats...I've never seen NW board a plane from both front & rear...looks like a net increase in the # of Premium seats, unless I haven't noticed this before...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.