Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International upgrade inventory?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

International upgrade inventory?

Hi, all...I will be coming back from Japan on Aug. 2's flight NW 28, NRT-SFO. It is currently showing

J9 C9 Z4 Y0 B0 M0 Q0 V0 L0 T0 K0

but there is no WorldPerks mileage upgrade availability (just called). Anyone have a guess when they will start to open upgrade seats? It seems like it would be logical, since apparently coach is full/oversold and WBC is empty.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:48 pm

Programs: NWA Platinum
Waiting for BC upgrade seats to open

I'm in the same boat with sfo-bkk in Sept. There are many BC seats and I wonder when they typically open these seats for upgrades. Does anyone know NWA's protocol? I've asked a couple of elite service rep's and all they tell me is that they generally make the seats available 'closer to the departure date'. This must be done by more than a random basis. Anyone got a clue or is this the 64K dollar question.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:02 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
they'll do op-ups before they'll open upgrade inventory... "to protect the integrity of the WBC product"... get to the airport and check in ASAP and inquire there as to op-ups...then get to the gate and try there as well...
Old Jul 8, 2004, 1:29 pm
mdb

Originally Posted by thezipper
they'll do op-ups before they'll open upgrade inventory... "to protect the integrity of the WBC product"... get to the airport and check in ASAP and inquire there as to op-ups...then get to the gate and try there as well...

I disagree - they will open up about 1 week out....

Been there done that.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by mdb
I disagree - they will open up about 1 week out....

Been there done that.
Your status and prior travel profile (e.g. how many miles you have flown) can also make a big differences. I have had mixed results with seats opening up anywhere from days to several weeks prior to departure even with B fares. With that being said, with Y fare, they seemed to open up faster, however it also took many calls and persistence.

Good luck - H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.