Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks again to WorldPerks!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, National Emerald Club, Hilton Gold
Thanks again to WorldPerks!

As a celebration for Mrs. Wildcat's new job, I searched for an award ticket to LAS for this weekend. And NW comes through, with a standard FC ticket for her. Only the second time for her in FC. NW continues to amaze me with their service. A big hip hip hooray for the Red Tail!! Have a great holiday weekend all. Lots and lots to be proud of and celebrate!!

Jer
Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Great that she got what she needed. Although it's not uncommon at all to get a last-minute award on any carrier. Last minute awards are very common on empty flights. When the airline realizes they're not going to sell the seats, they dump them to the award bucket. Simple as that.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'd guess that putting them in the award bucket also allows the airline to produce annual reports showing better award availability to mollify complaints. (Or am I being too cynical?)
tom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.