Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Has anyone recieved the invitation to sign up for trusted traveler program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2004, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!

Has anyone recieved invitation from NW to sign up for trusted flyer program yet?

-H
Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hooverer
Has anyone recieved invitation from NW to sign up for trusted flyer program yet?
Also, would you sign up for this program?
Old Jun 21, 2004, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by fromYXU
I got a nice invitation to sign up for the program. I think I'll do it and save myself the trouble of being looked at funny by TSA because I look Middle-Eastern. Putting in 80,000 miles on NW yearly, I am tired of being singled out.

Yesterday wife, baby and I were returning from a weekend trip to Thunder Bay, Ontario (Canada). Man, talk about interrogation by US Customs, both outbound and inbound. Questions like..why don't your last names match? why didn't you fly instead of driving? What do you do at 3M, explain? Anyway, long story short is that the same guys ask me the same stupid last names question on my return. Miffed I said cuz we are all movie :-: and have unique personalities.

If the program works like it says it should, I am all for it. But I sure am going to complain if I still get the once over.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:25 pm

Location: Only Delta Silver I'm trying to stay at home more :) Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Yes.....

Yes, I have. Most likely I'll do it. Sign up starts the week of 6/28 at the airport (MSP)
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Yes, Im going to sign up, probally next week when I have a trip. - H
Old Jun 21, 2004, 12:56 pm

Programs: NW - Platinum, UAL - Premier Gold, Hilton - Diamond
Unsure

I received the invite, but am waiting to read on the TSA web site what they are going to be looking at and for.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 1:07 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
[QUOTE=samaruf]I got a nice invitation to sign up for the program. I think I'll do it and save myself the trouble of being looked at funny by TSA because I look Middle-Eastern. Putting in 80,000 miles on NW yearly, I am tired of being singled out. QUOTE]

And I thought that I was being looked at funny because I am Cajun.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:02 pm

Programs: NW Plat, HH Sliver, Mariott Silver
You have to get an invite?
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by rashby
You have to get an invite?
Yup.

From the TSA website:

Participating air carriers will solicit participation in the program from frequent flyers who travel at least once a week in selected markets. Each volunteer will provide to TSA information including his or her name, address, phone number and date of birth along with a biometric imprint including finger and iris. TSA will then perform a security assessment of each volunteer that will include analysis of law enforcement and intelligence data sources and a check of outstanding criminal warrants. Once approved, the volunteer will be considered enrolled in the pilot program. Passengers will not be charged an enrollment fee during the pilot phase.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
For those of you who got invites, how did they come? via regular mail, or via email. My email account went down a couple of days ago, so I may have missed it if it came that way.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
For those of you who got invites, how did they come? via regular mail, or via email. My email account went down a couple of days ago, so I may have missed it if it came that way.

here's the email I received:

As you know, airline security measures have been increased dramatically and are being constantly updated and improved. While safety and security continue to be our highest priorities, we are also looking at ways to increase the convenience of flying.

For this reason, Northwest Airlines® would like to invite you to participate in a Registered Traveler Pilot Program at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal, conducted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), a branch of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Enrollment for this program begins June 28, 2004 and the program will end September 28, 2004. There is no fee to participate in this test. You have been invited to participate because of your travel frequency.

This voluntary program is designed to find methods to increase both security and convenience for frequent passengers. The primary focus will be testing biometric technology. The TSA will also be testing other new security procedures and technology that will positively identify known customers. By establishing a better security process for known customers, more time and attention can be devoted to greater security challenges.

Due to the nature of test programs, Northwest Airlines and the TSA can not guarantee that becoming a participant in the Registered Traveler pilot will provide you expedited processing while passing through the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport. However, we hope you will view your participation in the pilot program as one that will allow Northwest and the TSA to ultimately develop a program you will find beneficial.

Your participation will involve the following:

Enroll in person at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal. Registration will take place in the lobby mezzanine level. There will be airport signage to direct you. The TSA estimates the airport enrollment process will take approximately 10 minutes of your time.
A TSA security threat assessment. You will be required to submit certain personal information to the TSA for the purpose of determining your eligibility as a participant in the test program. Additional information concerning the security threat assessment will soon be available in TSA's Privacy Impact Assessment which can be located on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Privacy Officer's website at www.DHS.gov/privacy.
Submit a biometric identifier. The biometric identifier will only be used at the airport security checkpoint to verify your identity as a participant in the Registered Traveler program. During the test phase, the TSA will examine the accuracy and reliability of both fingerprint and iris scan technologies.
Provide feedback on the product through survey(s) administered by the TSA periodically during the trial program. Your feedback is very important to the success of this program, so the TSA will ask you to provide your e-mail address at registration. Please keep your e-mail current with the TSA during the program dates.
Eligibility requirements for the test program include the following:

Participant must be a US citizen, US national, or a lawful permanent resident.
Participant must intend to be a frequent traveler at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal, during the trial period of the test program.
Participant must submit the required information and clear a security threat assessment.
Enrollment Instructions:

Enrollment will take place Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 8:00pm beginning on June 28, 2004 and ending when the program is filled. To enroll please go to the lobby mezzanine level at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal.
Bring two forms of government identification such as a driver's license, US passport, etc. At least one form of identification must have a photo.
Bring this letter to the airport. This invitation to participate in non-transferable.
Upon your arrival, the TSA representatives will administer and explain the security threat assessment and biometric identifier process.
The TSA will provide you with information on acceptance into the program and how to use your status at the airport.
Passengers should arrive prepared to provide the following information:

Full Name (first, middle, last)
Alias Names
Eye Color
Current Address
Previous Addresses in past 5 years
Current Phone
Mobile or Cellular Phone
Home E-mail Address
Birth Date
Drivers License No.
Citizenship
Additional data may be requested at time of enrollment.
This program is a short-term test, so it is important to register as early as possible to participate during the full period. Participation is limited and acceptance is subject to TSA approval.

Hopefully, the objectives of this program will be enough to encourage your participation. As a token of Northwest Airlines' appreciation, we will credit your WorldPerks® account with 1,000 Bonus Miles after your enrollment. To get this mileage credit, you must be an original recipient of this letter and you must complete the WorldPerks mileage credit form during your airport enrollment. Of course, you are under no obligation to participate-this is strictly voluntary.

Additional information regarding this test program will be available at the Registered Traveler enrollment center in the lobby mezzanine level at Minneapolis-St. Paul airport.

We would like to estimate how many customers have interest in participating in the Registered Traveler Pilot Program. Please click here and respond upon receipt of this offer. By responding, you are under no obligation to join, you will not be enrolling into the program and we will not be collecting any personal information at this time.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Robert Isom Beth Shultis
Senior Vice President,
Customer Service Vice President,
Marketing and Loyalty Programs
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by samaruf
here's the email I received:

As you know, airline security measures have been increased dramatically and are being constantly updated and improved. While safety and security continue to be our highest priorities, we are also looking at ways to increase the convenience of flying.

For this reason, Northwest Airlines® would like to invite you to participate in a Registered Traveler Pilot Program at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal, conducted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), a branch of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Enrollment for this program begins June 28, 2004 and the program will end September 28, 2004. There is no fee to participate in this test. You have been invited to participate because of your travel frequency.

This voluntary program is designed to find methods to increase both security and convenience for frequent passengers. The primary focus will be testing biometric technology. The TSA will also be testing other new security procedures and technology that will positively identify known customers. By establishing a better security process for known customers, more time and attention can be devoted to greater security challenges.

Due to the nature of test programs, Northwest Airlines and the TSA can not guarantee that becoming a participant in the Registered Traveler pilot will provide you expedited processing while passing through the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport. However, we hope you will view your participation in the pilot program as one that will allow Northwest and the TSA to ultimately develop a program you will find beneficial.

Your participation will involve the following:

Enroll in person at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal. Registration will take place in the lobby mezzanine level. There will be airport signage to direct you. The TSA estimates the airport enrollment process will take approximately 10 minutes of your time.
A TSA security threat assessment. You will be required to submit certain personal information to the TSA for the purpose of determining your eligibility as a participant in the test program. Additional information concerning the security threat assessment will soon be available in TSA's Privacy Impact Assessment which can be located on the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Privacy Officer's website at www.DHS.gov/privacy.
Submit a biometric identifier. The biometric identifier will only be used at the airport security checkpoint to verify your identity as a participant in the Registered Traveler program. During the test phase, the TSA will examine the accuracy and reliability of both fingerprint and iris scan technologies.
Provide feedback on the product through survey(s) administered by the TSA periodically during the trial program. Your feedback is very important to the success of this program, so the TSA will ask you to provide your e-mail address at registration. Please keep your e-mail current with the TSA during the program dates.
Eligibility requirements for the test program include the following:

Participant must be a US citizen, US national, or a lawful permanent resident.
Participant must intend to be a frequent traveler at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal, during the trial period of the test program.
Participant must submit the required information and clear a security threat assessment.
Enrollment Instructions:

Enrollment will take place Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 8:00pm beginning on June 28, 2004 and ending when the program is filled. To enroll please go to the lobby mezzanine level at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport, Lindbergh terminal.

Hopefully, the objectives of this program will be enough to encourage your participation. As a token of Northwest Airlines' appreciation, we will credit your WorldPerks® account with 1,000 Bonus Miles after your enrollment. To get this mileage credit, you must be an original recipient of this letter and you must complete the WorldPerks mileage credit form during your airport enrollment. Of course, you are under no obligation to participate-this is strictly voluntary.

Additional information regarding this test program will be available at the Registered Traveler enrollment center in the lobby mezzanine level at Minneapolis-St. Paul airport.

We would like to estimate how many customers have interest in participating in the Registered Traveler Pilot Program. Please click here and respond upon receipt of this offer. By responding, you are under no obligation to join, you will not be enrolling into the program and we will not be collecting any personal information at this time.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Robert Isom Beth Shultis
Senior Vice President,
Customer Service Vice President,
Marketing and Loyalty Programs
Thanks for the information. What day did you get this email? I think it may have not gotten through to me. Go figure. If I was not invited, I think it might be worth a call to WP to see if I can request the invitation. (I have 8 trips planned during the test phase already)
Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:28 pm

invite

now thats some info...
Old Jun 21, 2004, 6:26 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
Thanks for the information. What day did you get this email? I think it may have not gotten through to me. Go figure. If I was not invited, I think it might be worth a call to WP to see if I can request the invitation. (I have 8 trips planned during the test phase already)
I thought I read somewhere that only Platinums were going to be in the first batch of invitees. I can't find the link, but vaquely remember it. So it may not have been your e-mail account, it might be that you did not qualify for the invite.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wldtrvlr
I thought I read somewhere that only Platinums were going to be in the first batch of invitees. I can't find the link, but vaquely remember it. So it may not have been your e-mail account, it might be that you did not qualify for the invite.
According to Newswire:
Participating air carriers will solicit participation in the program from frequent flyers who travel at least once a week in selected markets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.