Search

WorldClub in Newark (EWR)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2004, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
WorldClub in Newark (EWR)

Just a quick question to the NW experts here:
How is the WorldClub lounge in Newark Airport?
Any showers facilities?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:26 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
No showers. Its typical of the smaller spoke type clubs, like PHL. Nothing to write home about, but decent in size and food/drink typical as well.
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by StarG
Just a quick question to the NW experts here:
How is the WorldClub lounge in Newark Airport?
Any showers facilities?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I don't recall any showers....the club is self is ok...nothing to write home about, personally I think the PC's have a slight edge but then they aren't anything to write home about either
Old Jun 20, 2004, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Nothing to write home about
Hey....I was gonna say that
Old Jun 20, 2004, 7:56 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Old Jun 20, 2004, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
THe big PC in Terminal C (off the main hallway in the center) has showers. If you're coming in or leaving on a CO flight, you can access that with your WC membership.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:59 pm

Does anyone know whether the club in EWR is airside or landside? From the map on nwa.com, it seems to be landside, but it's hard to tell for sure. Thanks!

Also, if the club is indeed landside, can NW pax use DL's crown room airside? I'd access either club with AMEX platinum.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:20 pm

Airside

Originally Posted by Ezra
Does anyone know whether the club in EWR is airside or landside? From the map on nwa.com, it seems to be landside, but it's hard to tell for sure. Thanks!

Also, if the club is indeed landside, can NW pax use DL's crown room airside? I'd access either club with AMEX platinum.

Unless there has been a big change since I was last in Terminal B at EWR, the WC is airside.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by East Coast Wing
Unless there has been a big change since I was last in Terminal B at EWR, the WC is airside.
Thanks, East Coast Wing!

The map on nwa.com shows the club in the main terminal area, not down in the satellite. It could very well be airside, but it's hard to tell for sure. Thanks for clearing things up!
Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Thanks, East Coast Wing!

The map on nwa.com shows the club in the main terminal area, not down in the satellite. It could very well be airside, but it's hard to tell for sure. Thanks for clearing things up!
Yup definitely airside, was just there earlier this month.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:22 pm

Kind of hard to access the DL club if you're flying NW.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Kind of hard to access the DL club if you're flying NW.
Even if I'm accessing the DL club using AMEX platinum?
Old Nov 21, 2004, 3:34 pm

Even if I'm accessing the DL club using AMEX platinum?
What UpgradeMe is alluding to is the fact that Amex plat only gets you in a WC, CRC, or PC if you have a same-day BP for a flight with the carrier whose lounge it is. If you're not flying on DL metal that day, Amex plat won't get you into the CRC.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 4:10 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold

It's airside; in a way I wish it was landside. I believe the only landside lounge at EWR B is the Virgin Clubhouse. Was just at EWR B a few days ago.

The lounge is nothing to write home about and in general, sadly I haven't found the staff there to very helpful. (i.e. I flew in, was connecting to MH on an NW ticket, and they didn't even know MH operated out of EWR. One lady thought I was at the wrong airport and said perhaps I should be at should be at JFK! I've also approached them for ticket issues in the past and they haven't been very helpful with those either). I hate to say this, but it's been my experience. YMMV I suppose...

Setting EWR aside, thankfully I've had nothing but great and helpful staff at all other WC lounges and other affiliated lounges in the system....

Best,

SDF_Traveler
Old Nov 21, 2004, 5:51 pm
Suspended

FYI, you can gain acccess to the Worldclub in EWR with a Diners Club card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.