Search

WBC vs CO's BF to HNL

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2004, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
WBC vs CO's BF to HNL

I can book a full economy Y "Connect First" fare on NW for December and get a 1st class seat to Hawaii, which you can't do on CO. My question is - is "1st Class" MSP to HNL on a DC-10 the same as WBC between the US and Asia? Thanks!
Old May 5, 2004, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I can book a full economy Y "Connect First" fare on NW for December and get a 1st class seat to Hawaii, which you can't do on CO. My question is - is "1st Class" MSP to HNL on a DC-10 the same as WBC between the US and Asia? Thanks!
Aside from the same seats, config... no.

aloha
Old May 5, 2004, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
slippahs -

I just want to make sure the seat spacing and reclining capabilities are closer to CO's BF than to Delta's miserable 1st class seats to Hawaii. I'm really not picky about the food 'cus I know it's just to fill the opu before I can hit Sam Choy's or Mama's Fish House or Kaka'ako Kitchen or etc.... But I do care about the seat and reclining. Thanks!
Old May 5, 2004, 2:33 pm

Yes, you do get the WBC configuration on the DC-10-30 nonstop for MSP-HNL.
Old May 5, 2004, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I just want to make sure the seat spacing and reclining capabilities are closer to CO's BF than to Delta's miserable 1st class seats to Hawaii. I'm really not picky about the food 'cus I know it's just to fill the opu before I can hit Sam Choy's or Mama's Fish House or Kaka'ako Kitchen or etc.... But I do care about the seat and reclining. Thanks!
IAH,

It's the same seating as the reg. WBC DC-10s on those Asia routes, so you've got the same space and recline capabilities as CO's. I really love the product up front in WBC on those DC-10s, even more so than CO's BF, but as you know, CO's BF would trump NW's WBC/F to Hawai'i anyday.

P.S. Welcome back home

aloha
Old May 5, 2004, 4:02 pm

Programs: CO Silver
Is there a pre-arrival snack on the MSP-HNL flights? CO offers one on the similarly-long IAH-HNL flights.
Old May 5, 2004, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
NW WBC/FC to Hawaii

Yes, there is a snack prior to arrival on the MSP/HNL nonstop.

There will be west coast/hnl service starting in June with 757-300's and I am not sure if it will be domestic FC seating (24 seats) or reconfigured to Asian 757 service with less seats and more pitch. Anyway, your flight from MSP will be on a DC10-30 because a 757-300 Cannot fly that far nonstop.

RC
Old May 5, 2004, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Radiocycle
Anyway, your flight from MSP will be on a DC10-30 because a 757-300 Cannot fly that far nonstop.
What? You're kidding me... CO's been planning a CLE-HNL non-stop on a ERJ with in-cabin fuel tanks for years!

aloha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.