Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWA ZONE Discount Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 9:45 am
Original Poster

NWA ZONE Discount Promotion

I received a while back ago an offer from NWA - it was a generic leaflet talking about discounted fares if you fly from from one zone to another. I remember it had a lot of restrictions in travel. Does anyone have any more information about this or a discount code?
Old May 3, 2004, 9:47 am

Programs: NW Plat Elite, SPG Gold, National Emerald Club
It was probably a PD8XX certificate. They send those out in ValPaks, and I hear sometimes in NW Visa mailings.

Your best bet to look at restrictions (without one) is go to eBay and do a search for "Northwest Discount" or something along those lines. It's not so much a "promotion" as a coupon, and they're one-time use only.

That said, there should be a few floating around in the Coupon Connection.
Old May 3, 2004, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
On at least three occassions I priced out a ticket using zone certs. I then priced it without them and it was within a few dollars. Check out your options.
Old May 4, 2004, 5:48 am

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
I agree with the advice above: check it both ways. There are times when the zone cert will actually mean a higher fare because of competitive pressures on a given itinerary. On the other hand, I've had the zone fares really come through with big savings. In March, we picked up r/t to Istanbul from the midwest for $422.50 complete. Seats under the coupons can and do sell out, so it's best to book if you see what you want. I've tested fares for friends and co-workers on several occasions that were very attractive, only to have them miss out by procrastinating an extra week and finding that the opportunity was lost. Over the years, these zone coupons have saved us thousands of dollars.
Old May 4, 2004, 11:14 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
It definitly does depend on your routing. I just saved $100 on a trip to GEG from DFW (a high dollar route) and the first of the year got two trips for Rome for around $400 a piece. As in anything the zone certs are buyer beware, and if I am not mistaken they say right on them that there could be lower fares available. With fares changing numerous times a day, hour, minute, of course you could do better at a given time without the cert. I agree with the previous poster though, they have saved me alot of money and I am thankful for them.
Old May 5, 2004, 12:30 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Delta Silver, United Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, National Executive
Good for small cities...

I don't usually find them helpful unless I am off to a small airport like Sault Ste. Marie or Pellston in MI. I also once helped a friend save a bunch for her and her Mom into ND (most allow two passengers per coupon).

Ebay does list them and all the rules, the going rate is about $10. As I outlined above, this could save you a couple hundred if you find yourself going into a part of the US without competition, or want to get away from it all this summer.
Old May 5, 2004, 5:01 am

Good value sometimes

I gave some to my neighbor who purchased 3 tickets MSP-LGW and they saved $230 per ticket (or $690 for the family). It was obviously a good value for them, but I usually use miles, 1-2-3 certs, or other highly discounted tickets for my personal trips so have never found the opportunity to use the certs for myself.
Old May 5, 2004, 10:28 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Only a Seven-Day Advance Required...

The (typically?) seven-day advance requirement with the certs I've seen can be quite handy when I just CAN'T take any more DC! It's a great way to escape (affordably) with relatively little notice and with five-days-before-the-flight upgrades!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.