Wiki Posts
Search

Airforce crash landing at MSP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat, HH Sliver, Mariott Silver
Unhappy Airforce crash landing at MSP

Anybody at MSP yesterday when the Airforce Plane did the crash landing? I am assuming it was one of the Minn. Air National Guard Planes.

There was video of the landing on ABC this morning. No one hurt!

I wonder how long that running was, or is going to be closed.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:56 am

Is there a link to story?
Old Apr 30, 2004, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Plat, HH Sliver, Mariott Silver
cant find a link

Originally Posted by Live4Miles
Is there a link to story?
I have been looking for a story on the internet and haven't found one yet. I saw this on Good Morning America this morning.

Found this link from a local TV station: http://www.kstp.com/article/view/140938/
Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:21 am

Not too many issues at MSP last night

Came in from SEA last night. When we got about 60 miles from airport, the captain informed us of the accident. He said the airport was closed and didn't know when/if it would reopen. We went into a holding pattern and that was lifted in only 5 minutes. Made the approach to the airport then and had to do a go arround because of slow plane on the runway ( not related to accident).

Saw the C-130 on it's side within view of F gates. Lot's of emergency equipment arround it with spot lights. No abnormal delays occurred to my understanding. Our flight to MSN left on time with no problems about 90 minutes later.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 11:40 am

Link to story...

(Source: http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4751094.html)

==============================================
National Guard cargo plane's landing gear collapses on runway
==============================================

A National Guard C130 plane skidded and caught on fire when its right landing gear buckled after it landed Thursday evening at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.

None of the four crew members was injured, but the accident delayed plane traffic at the airport.

Metropolitan Airports Commission spokesman Patrick Hogan said two runways were temporarily closed while crews checked for debris.

Minnesota National Guard spokesman Maj. Kevin Olson said a warning light alerted crew members about a problem with the landing gear while they were still in the air.

The crew, from the 133rd Airlift Wing of the Minnesota National Guard, was on a routine training exercise at the time.

The equipment seemed to be OK and the plane landed. But the right gear collapsed as the plane rolled down the runway and a propeller hit the ground.

"That the crew were able to land the plane safely speaks volumes about their capabilities," Olson said.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Apparently on CNN.com they have a video of the crash landing or a story about it, but it requires CNN Newspass, using the RealOne media player. Which I am not a part of..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.