Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Fly Free Faster 2004 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Fly Free Faster 2004 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Fairmont Presidents Club, Sheraton and Hilton Gold, US Air Plat, Virgin Atl Plat
Angry Can't register for the program until May 15--nuf said

Can't register for the program until May 15. I just tried.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:45 am

I looked back on NWA.COM & found I was credited for 10,000 FFF miles in 3/01, 7/02 & 8/03. It's been a simple promo, requiring a "qualifying" activity, such as an NWA paid flight and ?5 partner credits, such as 5 IDines. You get your 10M as soon as you've met the requirements, rather than waiting till the promo ends.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by fromYXU
BTW, could you combine the SPG offer with FFF4 by giving your WP#?

Beats me. The only thing the SPG offer says is that this offer cannot be combined with any other WP promo offers. But when both running at the same time, I'm not sure how WP would sort it out.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vandykes44
Does anyone remember if booking a flight through CO on NW metal and earning NW miles counted as a NW flight for the purposes of previous FFF promotions?
It had to have been ticketed on NW.

I did a search to find the extensive thread on this subject last year ("fly free faster 3"), but it seems to have evaporated in the Flyer Talk transition. Perhaps an administrator can bring it back?

The old rules are still somewhere on nwa.com, I think, but without that Flyer Talk thread, I don't have time to look it up.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:58 am

I actually think that it just had to be a flight that earned NW miles.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by brians51
I've recently spoken to WP Agents...CO code-shared flights on NWA equipment will be excluded by their computer system for promotions (my 4 co flights on NWA equipment don't count for 1-2-3 free )
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by socrates
my 4 co flights on NWA equipment don't count for 1-2-3 free )
Why should they? CO gets the booking but you want freebies from NWA?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brians51
I specifically know 100% that not all NW Airlink partners counted, Pacific Island Aviation, in particular. They had to be on a list of flight numbers set forth in the Terms and Conditions.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I said "ticketed on NW," I was only responding to the CO codeshare operated by NW -- not all NW flights.

But not having tried that, I'd have to look at the rules.

I imagine someone around here has a copy of last year's Terms and Conditions.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Why should they? CO gets the booking but you want freebies from NWA?
1) because NWA operated all the flights on the reservations so CO only received a small booking/transaction fee where as NWA received the majority of the revenue
2) because my WP account was credited for the flights
Old May 7, 2004, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Smile Promo Details Now Available

Details are now available at http://www.nwa.com/offers/fff2004/ :

EARN 10,000 WORLDPERKS® BONUS MILES FOR USING PARTICIPATING WORLDPERKS PARTNERS.

Here is how it works:

Register on-line first (Registration begins May 15, 2004)
Complete one Qualifying Activity between June 1 and August 31, 2004
Earn 5 Partner Credits from participating WorldPerks Partners between June 1 and August 31, 2004

*** After registration, the Qualifying Activity and 5 Partner Credits may be completed in any order ***

Registration Period: May 15, 2004 - August 31, 2004
Promotional Period: June 1, 2004 - August 31, 2004

Qualifying Activities

Must earn one Qualifying Activity after registration and between June 1 and August 31, 2004.

How to earn a Qualifying Activity:

Take a Qualifying Flight on Northwest®, KLM or Northwest Airlink
Apply, be approved and pay the annual fee for a new WorldPerks Visa® Card (Personal or Business Card)*
Sign up for a one or two year service agreement and new phone activation from Nextel**
Sign up for a one-year service agreement and new phone activation from T-Mobile***
Purchase a new WorldClubs® membership (minimum one-year)
Purchase a minimum of 5,000 WorldPerks miles through the WorldPerks Buy & Gift Mile program on nwa.com

* Available to U.S. 50 residents only
** Valid in the U.S. 50 except AK and MT
*** Valid in the U.S. 50 except AK

Partner Credits

Must earn a minimum of 5 Partner Credits after registration and between June 1 and August 31, 2003.

Examples of some of the ways to earn Partner Credits (See terms and conditions below for additional ways to earn Partner Credits and specific details):

Shop on the WorldPerks Mall and spend a minimum of $25 on one item (not including tax or shipping) with the shipping date being between June 1 and August 31, 2004. To ensure you receive credit for your transactions, Northwest Airlines recommends making your WorldPerks Mall purchases early in the promotional period.
Rent a car from one of our car rental partners.
Stay at a partner hotel.
Refinance your home.
Dine at participating Dining For Miles restaurant.
Order flowers for any occasion
Also includes detailed T&C, which appears to have tightened up a few issues.

Last edited by cactuspete; May 7, 2004 at 2:35 pm
Old May 7, 2004, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Easy 10,000!

Should be able to do this without even trying!

Got to remember to register though, I didn't last year and only had two-three weeks to get the credits.

Cheers!

edited to add that gift certificates purchases do not count!

Last edited by fromYXU; May 7, 2004 at 2:56 pm
Old May 7, 2004, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
More not-so-fine print. One item purchased via WP Mall e-tailers now instead of an order totaling over $25! Grr.
Old May 7, 2004, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
multiple dining credits from same restaurant?

such as 5 IDines.
I'm sure it's been answered before but I've forgotten...can one earn the 5 credits at the same restaurant?
Old May 7, 2004, 7:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by Warrenlm
I'm sure it's been answered before but I've forgotten...can one earn the 5 credits at the same restaurant?
Depends...some are once a month "credit" restaurants...some are as many times as you want... check the web site for those in your area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.