Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

anyone else get the SPG NW WP 6K promo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone else get the SPG NW WP 6K promo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Question anyone else get the SPG NW WP 6K promo?

I received an e-mail from Starwood offering up to 6K bonus and 2 SPG 50% off coupons with only 3 paid stays until 31 July. The offer was included with the latest NWA deals e-mail I received yesterday. It's offering 1K after 1st stay, 2K after 2st stay and 3K after 3rd stay plus the coupons good for half off stays until end of '04. The promo T&C only says you must present your WP card at time of check in and stay at elligible room rates.

My question is does anyone else know if you get the SPG starpoints which can then be transfered into 6K WP or if they post the bonus directly after your third stay to your WP account? A call through to SPG customer service was unable to answer that question.

I wasn't sure whether to post this query here or in SPG forum, but thought since it dealt with WP bonus miles, the NW forum was most appropriate.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 9:56 pm

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I got similiar offer, but for AA. In order to get bnus, rep(Strwood) said you had to choose miles, so I think they will be later, whether they post immediately(bonus miles) or not, I don't know .
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:14 am

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
I got the same email. I think the credit will be post on your WP accout directly. But I am not sure how fast it is. Anyway, it's not bad, I will try to pay for the room rate using my starwood creditcard, and present WP card at check in.
Old Apr 23, 2004, 9:02 pm

Does anyone have a URL to register for this Starwood promotion. I've been able to access the AA one, but would prefer Worldperks miles.

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2004, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelMann
Does anyone have a URL to register for this Starwood promotion. I've been able to access the AA one, but would prefer Worldperks miles.

Thanks

Try this:

https://www.lg0.net/starwood/TPM/NW_EM.cfm
Old Apr 26, 2004, 12:09 pm

IF you also wait and do this on 6/2004 or 7/2004 they should also qualify for FFF 2004. So, you would have 6,000 bonus miles and 3 partner credits toward 10,000 more. No to bad.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 2:59 pm

Just be aware that if you are trying to work towards elite status with Starwood, any stays credited to your NW account do NOT count for your year tally of nights / stays with Starwood.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 3:10 pm

A slightly different variation offers SPG Gold and 2000 points per stay up to 3, but it was targetted so YMMV:

https://www.lg0.net/starwood/triplep...?EM=SPG_EM_1NW
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, but what's YMMV?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:43 pm

Your Mileage May Vary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.