Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

747-200 WBC; Upper deck window vs. lower deck aisle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2004, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member

What is preferable; a window seat upstairs on 747-200, or an aisle downstairs in WBC? I usually avoid window seats in WBC; how easy or difficult is it to extract yourself if your aisle-mate and neighbors in the row ahead of you are reclined? I understand that the upper deck has better recline and other features.

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

while on 744s, it's possible to make a case for the LD; not so on 742s.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 7:30 pm

A tough one

If I can be seated in the front of the -200, such as rows 1 - 4, then I would personally take an aisle seat there over a window U/D seat. But then again, the U/D seats on the -200 are fantastic. As long as the seat in front of you is not totally reclined, you can get out fairly easily from the window side. There seem to be additional 5 to 7 inches, perhaps more, of legroom for the 200's U/D seats, making it easier to get out.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Enjoy the upper deck of the 742 while it's still around!.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 10:14 am

I actually prefer the window seat on the 747-200 UD, since there is storage right next to that seat, but no overhead bins. If you sit in row 85 you should have NO problem getting out when your neighbor is reclined.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I too would vote for the window uppper deck. The storage bin is really large, and you can use the ledge for books, drinks etc. I find the lower level to be a bit claustrophobic--especially on night flights.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
On my upcoming NRT-DTW, I booked the upper deck exit row window(-400), which gets a rave from Seatguru. Good choice? Should I change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.