Wiki Posts
Search

Reykjavik, Iceland

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2003, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Reykjavik, Iceland

I'm planning a trip to Reykjavik, Iceland in July. I know that LH doesn't fly into REK, but SK codeshare with Iceland does. Is there any way of redeeming miles from M&M for a flight to REK from germany with an SK codeshare?

Seems like the only airline that serves REK is IcelandAir.
Old May 9, 2003, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Condor flies there from June to September (from FRA and MUC, both are night flights) and you can redeem M&M awards on Condor ("other airline partner"). Actually, thinking about it, 30,000/45,000 miles (since it is an intra-European flight) seems like a really good value for a mileage award. I have always been curious about Iceland...could be interesting to go there myself. The awards can be combined with LH. So, if I am not mistaken, one could do, e.g., BCN-xFRA-KEF-xMUC-BCN.
Old May 9, 2003, 2:48 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
On second thought, after revisiting the page, http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...490394,00.html , I see that Iceland is not explicitly listed as one of the European countries that Condor awards can be redeemed on. Also, it says "one connecting flight within Germany is allowed", so I guess my BCN example is not possible.
Old May 10, 2003, 3:21 am
Patron

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
Is there any way of redeeming miles from M&M for a flight to REK from Germany with an SK codeshare?</font>
No, the operated carrier has to be a *A member.

Old May 12, 2003, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Check www.icelandexpress.com. They're a newish Icelandian low-cost carrier that flies daily to KEF from STN and CPH, so perhaps you could book an award seat to either of these places and then book directly with them.

Prices from CPH seem to be around 650DKK one-way (a tad over 80 EUR). Total roundtrip with taxes and fees came to 1716 DKK on my sample dates in June.
Old May 12, 2003, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyingFinn:
Check www.icelandexpress.com. They're a newish Icelandian low-cost carrier that flies daily to KEF from STN and CPH, so perhaps you could book an award seat to either of these places and then book directly with them.

Prices from CPH seem to be around 650DKK one-way (a tad over 80 EUR). Total roundtrip with taxes and fees came to 1716 DKK on my sample dates in June.
</font>
Good catch! Was looking for someone this summer to KEF after Go dropped the route.
Old May 12, 2003, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyingFinn:
</font>
Cool, this is good stuff!!!! My travel dates in July yield 825DKK, but that's still alot cheaper than what I could find.

Thanks FlyingFinn, next time you drop by SIN, beer is on me!

Old May 12, 2003, 8:03 pm
Patron

The topic of this thread moved from a no way the possibility of redeeming M&M miles for a flight to KEF from Germany with a SK codeshare to introducing AEU as a low cost carrier servicing KEF daily from CPH & STN, I am moving this thread to FT Travel, subforum Destination Europe. Please continue this discussion there.

Patron
LH TalkModerator

Old May 27, 2003, 2:59 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I have some information on a possibility of redeeming M&M miles for a flight from FRA to KEF but under this thread, is it still appropriate? Would the thread require recreating/reopening in LH? [FT newbie looking for guidance - thx.]

--Grog--
Old May 27, 2003, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ws8n:
Seems like the only airline that serves REK is IcelandAir.</font>
Minor point but Icelandair doesn't even serve REK. That's the "domestic" airport which is home to Air Iceland. International flights operate out of KEF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.