Wiki Posts
Search

Oslo Airport Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Oslo Airport Hotels

We will be flying into Oslo late evening for an early morning connecting flight and are looking to stay at an airport hotel. We will be arriving/departing from Terminal 1, which hotel is recommended? From Google Maps I can see Radisson have a couple of hotels that seem to be in the airport, are they easily accessible from Terminal 1? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 9:27 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The Radison BLU and the Radison RED are easily accessed from the airport, specially the BLU, you just need to cross the road in front of the arrival hall and then there is a covered walking path to the hotel. The RED is within easy walking distance too but without a covered pathway. The other hotels are not within walking distance.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:07 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ademanuele
We will be flying into Oslo late evening for an early morning connecting flight and are looking to stay at an airport hotel. We will be arriving/departing from Terminal 1, which hotel is recommended? From Google Maps I can see Radisson have a couple of hotels that seem to be in the airport, are they easily accessible from Terminal 1? Thanks in advance.
I stayed at the Radisson RED twice last month. It took 6 minutes to walk from the terminal and the pathway is covered all the way except for the last 10-15 metres by the hotel entrance. For an overnight stay before/after a flight I wouldn’t pay extra to stay at the Radisson BLU.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:11 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I stayed at the Radisson RED twice last month. It took 6 minutes to walk from the terminal and the pathway is covered all the way except for the last 10-15 metres by the hotel entrance. For an overnight stay before/after a flight I wouldn’t pay extra to stay at the Radisson BLU.
​​​​​​
This was added recently then, last time I stayed at the RED (this was before the pandemic, and it was called something else than RED), the pathway was not covered.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
​​​​​​
This was added recently then, last time I stayed at the RED (this was before the pandemic, and it was called something else than RED), the pathway was not covered.
It used to be Park Inn. (Just to confuse there is a new Park Inn on the west side of the airport.) I stayed at the hotel when it was Park Inn in 2015 and a photo I took on the way to the hotel shows a covered pathway. You must have stayed there before 2015.

ademanuele likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 12:53 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Quite possible, I have stayed only one time at the Park Inn and this was quite some time ago, I disdain this chain and avoid it as much as I can (after an horrible experience at the Park Inn in Stavanger more than 15 years ago).
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Does anyone know if the Radisson OSL Conf Centre hotel is attached to the RED OSL hotel? It appears to be in the same spot, but they are listed separately.
Rates are cheaper at the Conf Centre vs RED, but trying to understand the difference if any.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 4:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I'll just reply to my own post lol.
The Radisson RED and Radisson conference center hotels are virtually indistinguishable. The check-in is the same spot. I don't know if the RED has different rooms but the conference center hotel is perfectly fine.

Also, you can walk directly to the train station instead of backtracking to the terminal. This leaves you at the end of the platform, though I didn't see any ticket machines. You can always buy tickets on your phone via app.
ademanuele likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.