Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen hotel recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt GP Diamond
Copenhagen hotel recommendation?

We (two adults, two children 8, 10) have one night in Copenhagen next April during a 20 hour layover. Seeking area and hotel recommendations to allow us to see a bit of Copenhagen during this one night in town.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by booradley
We (two adults, two children 8, 10) have one night in Copenhagen next April during a 20 hour layover. Seeking area and hotel recommendations to allow us to see a bit of Copenhagen during this one night in town.
I would suggest the Clarion CPH (airport) hotel as it's convenient to drop off/keep luggage and get going. And between the trains and the Metro connectivity at CPH airport, staying at the Clarion CPH hotel works out for such layovers while visiting regional attractions around Copenhagen. Also, it has rooms that can hold 2 adults + 2 children.
jamiel likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:01 am

We stayed at Villa Copenhagen in August. Right across from central train station, so very easy to get to from airport. Also across from Tivoli Gardens, which could be good for kids. Room was very nice, if small, and one of the best included hotel breakfast buffets I've ever seen.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: United MP
We stayed at the Scandic in Sydhavn. It was great! We chose it because it was very good for wheelchair access. It was a really good choice.. We had a rental car, so it only took about 15 minutes to get to the airport. Of course, it has to be dropped off, and a shuttle, or walk, to the terminals. I believe that there is a train station nearby although we didn’t use it this time. I don’t know if it’’s best for you, but there are other locations that might work.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Goatcheese
We stayed at Villa Copenhagen in August. Right across from central train station, so very easy to get to from airport. Also across from Tivoli Gardens, which could be good for kids. Room was very nice, if small, and one of the best included hotel breakfast buffets I've ever seen.
Villa Copenhagen has some queen bed rooms with a connecting room with their own queen bed — and it then means two showers/toilets for a family. While the hotel has weirdly provided me this kind of arrangement as a complimentary upgrade at times when I’m traveling alone — I have Nordic Choice Platinum status with the hotel and been using that with the Amex FHR rates — I think this hotel more typically charges more for such arrangement than it charges for a standard room.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
On a somewhat related note, I am wondering whether I should use my Danish debit card to pay at a Copenhagen hotel for my trip.com reservation this summer. The dollar is now worth fewer Danish kroner than back then, so it takes more dollars to match the local amount. Of course I don't know if trip.com or the hotel needs to stick with the US credit card that I specified at the time of the reservation.
Old May 25, 2023, 12:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vanillabean
On a somewhat related note, I am wondering whether I should use my Danish debit card to pay at a Copenhagen hotel for my trip.com reservation this summer. The dollar is now worth fewer Danish kroner than back then, so it takes more dollars to match the local amount. Of course I don't know if trip.com or the hotel needs to stick with the US credit card that I specified at the time of the reservation.
At Danish hotels, I often present a different bank card at check-in than card used to book/hold/prepay the reservation. Unless the booking website, brand and/or property has a special benefits rate, discount rate or discount offer specifically affiliated with the bank card type or specific bank card account number, I would rarely hesitate to swap in a different card at check-in than the card used at the time of booking the Danish hotel rooms.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA
Any thoughts on the Kong Arthur?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.