Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Schengen/Schengen transfer at OSL

Schengen/Schengen transfer at OSL

Old Jan 2, 16, 11:20 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 204
Schengen/Schengen transfer at OSL

Hi all, looking for some advice please;

This isnít strictly a BA question, but it does involve Sunair and I think the knowledgeable folks on this board are the best people to ask.

I have a 90min transfer at OSL from a Sunair flight from BLL to a Norwegian flight to AMS. I will be HBO.
I understand that the best way to make the transfer is by using the transfer point at gates 42/43 to get down to the departures level of the Schengen area.

My question is what happens if I get a bus stand? Where are passengers dropped from the bus, and is it possible to use this connection point from a bus stand?

Thanks in advance
EI147 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:28 am
  #2  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 47,301
Originally Posted by EI147 View Post
My question is what happens if I get a bus stand? Where are passengers dropped from the bus, and is it possible to use this connection point from a bus stand?

Thanks in advance
Yes it is, the bus stand places you right by that transfer point. No security if Schengen to Schengen, so it's a piece of cake. It's all clearly signposted. On my last BLL-OSL service I was given a bus transfer - this was about September.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:31 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 204
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes it is, the bus stand places you right by that transfer point. No security if Schengen to Schengen, so it's a piece of cake. It's all clearly signposted. On my last BLL-OSL service I was given a bus transfer - this was about September.
Thank you very much CWS!
EI147 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:37 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere between 0 and 13,000 metres high
Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Posts: 25,817
It will take you 5 minutes. Piece of cake indeed.
orbitmic is offline  
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:40 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oslo
Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Posts: 570
Originally Posted by EI147 View Post
Hi all, looking for some advice please;

This isnít strictly a BA question, but it does involve Sunair and I think the knowledgeable folks on this board are the best people to ask.

I have a 90min transfer at OSL from a Sunair flight from BLL to a Norwegian flight to AMS. I will be HBO.
I understand that the best way to make the transfer is by using the transfer point at gates 42/43 to get down to the departures level of the Schengen area.

My question is what happens if I get a bus stand? Where are passengers dropped from the bus, and is it possible to use this connection point from a bus stand?

Thanks in advance
Just curious, do you travel BLL-OSL-AMS, and why?
chrisljo is offline  
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:45 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 204
Originally Posted by chrisljo View Post
Just curious, do you travel BLL-OSL-AMS, and why?
It is not exactly a sensible route, and is part of an even less sensible itinerary . I am going to AMS anyway, and as I have never been on a Dornier, decided to try out Sunair.
EI147 is offline  
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:55 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 6,588
90 min is plenty of time for a transfer at OSL regardless how you make it (bus, Schengen/Schengen or landside->airside). Dont worry!
SK AAR is online now  
Old Jan 2, 16, 8:19 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sydney & London
Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Posts: 744
I'll be doing a Schengen-Schengen transfer at OSL in March. Flying LIS-OSL-CPH (an award ticket). The gate 42/43 procedure seems quite straightforward, but as I'm arriving into OSL after midnight I was wondering what the opening hours are for this facility.
Budley is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: