Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copenhagen During Distortion Music Festival

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Copenhagen During Distortion Music Festival

I have a trip planned to Copenhagen from May 30 - June 6, when looking at what will be going on in Copenhagen at that time I came across the Distortion Music Festival (http://www.cphdistortion.dk/). Does anyone know how crowded the city gets at that time? Attending the event really isn't my scene, so I'm trying to figure out how it may affect my trip. Can anyone recommend some day trips (even an overnight) outside of Copenhagen? I'm trying to determine if it might be best to just see some things outside of Copenhagen during the music festival.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Looking at last years program, I see that there was one day with a street party 4 pm to 10 pm on Vesterbro, another day with a street party 4 pm to 10 pm on Nørrebro. Apart from that the music/party was on Refshaleøen which is a sort of island on the other side of the harbour. There was also some indoors concerts which wouldn't affect you at all.

So I don't think you are going to be too inconvenienced by it.
Vesterbro and Nørrebro are not really typical tourist areas.
Wait for next years program to show up and then avoid going to Vesterbro and Nørrebro on the days of the street parties. Or any other area that'll be on the program.

I have never attended a distortion party so I can't say for sure how crowded/noisy it is - so I hope someone else with more knowledge will also answer you.

Add info : I just asked my son and he says there are noise issues in connection with the two street parties. He says that the noise doesn't stop at 10 pm so he suggests to be careful which hotel you choose.

My standard suggestions for trips out of Copenhagen :
Helsingør (Hamlet's castle and nice old town) + the ferry to Helsingborg in Sweden.
Malmö and Lund via the bridge from Copenhagen.

Last edited by helosc; Dec 11, 2015 at 4:14 am Reason: additional information
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. We're currently looking at staying at the Radisson Blu Royal for a few nights, then when Distortion starts I think we'll be heading to Helsingborg for a night and maybe somewhere else in Sweden on the trip back down to Copenhagen.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by hensleyrob
Thanks for the feedback. We're currently looking at staying at the Radisson Blu Royal for a few nights, then when Distortion starts I think we'll be heading to Helsingborg for a night and maybe somewhere else in Sweden on the trip back down to Copenhagen.
You will be quite "safe" at the Royal. No music festival in that area

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.