Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight time Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Connecting flight time Stockholm

I have booked a non-amendable ticket from Stockholm (ARN) to Miami (MIA), via London (LHR). I no longer plan to go to Stockholm and will actually be in London.

The most convenient flight for me from LHR to ARN only allows a 45 minute transit time before I return to LHR.

The ARN to LHR aircraft will be the same as the one used to travel LHR to ARN, i.e. if I am delayed leaving London, the inbound will also be delayed. It is BA.

Will the fact I am using the same aircraft to return mean I am safe and can make the 45 minute transit? Will I have to go through security? I will have no luggage.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: EB
Pretty sure you dont have to go out, it's not like that if you use terminal 5.

But I think BA uses terminal 2/3 at Arlanda, never been there.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
It's Terminal 2. Before you get as far as passport control there's a door on your right where you can call someone to let you through to departures. Some people used this last summer so that they could go straight back when BA were testing the 787 on this route.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Info by koshka is correct, so an immediate turn-around is indeed possible within the short time provided. Be sure to either print BP or text it before leaving LHR, and you'll be fine.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
If I may tag on a related ARN-connection question? My first time connecting in ARN so just want to be sure:

LH business (FRA-ARN) connecting to TG business (ARN-BKK). US passport.
From the ARN website, it seems both LH and TG use terminal 5.
I have 1hour, 25 minutes scheduled as the layover. 12:15PM to 1:40PM

I assume there will be both security screen and immigration process, correct?

How difficult/time consuming is the connection at ARN? Anything I need to be worried about or aware of? Any priority lines for Business Class that I should be looking out for?

Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Originally Posted by goodeats21
If I may tag on a related ARN-connection question? My first time connecting in ARN so just want to be sure:

LH business (FRA-ARN) connecting to TG business (ARN-BKK). US passport.
From the ARN website, it seems both LH and TG use terminal 5.
I have 1hour, 25 minutes scheduled as the layover. 12:15PM to 1:40PM

I assume there will be both security screen and immigration process, correct?

How difficult/time consuming is the connection at ARN? Anything I need to be worried about or aware of? Any priority lines for Business Class that I should be looking out for?

Thanks.
Now this is probably way too late to answer your question - but for the record I do it anyway.

As you are flying in from Schengen you do not have to go through immigration upon landing, but you have to go through immigration when leaving Sweden - this is a quick process that should only take a few minutes maximum.

There is no additional security screening at ARN T5. You get straight into the departures hall and can go straight to the lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.