Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Customer rights airline authority in Iceland?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

I was charged without permission by Iceland Express (a long story, but I presume the staff were confused as I had 2 different legs booked).

Their customer service has not been all that tremendous. I was hoping to get the charge cancelled (I had not approved use of my CC for this flight), but they said I would need to pay a cancellation fee. This doesn't seem all that fair.

Could anyone give me some advice on who to contact? Would The Icelandic Civil Aviation Administration want to listen to me?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by mungah
I was charged without permission by Iceland Express (a long story, but I presume the staff were confused as I had 2 different legs booked).
Are you saying Iceland Express somehow figured out your credit card number, you name, and possibly billing address without your "assistance?"

Usually the card holders call the credit card companies about fraudulent and/or unauthorized charges posted to their accounts. And usually the credit card companies will drop those type of charges almost immediately. In the United States, the cc companies will assume your accounts are hacked, (maybe even identity stolen) and issue the card holders new cards with new account numbers immediately.

If this incident was the result of misunderstanding between you and the airline, you should take it up to the airline directly. I think Other European Frequent Flyer Programs Forum is where discussion about Iceland Express belongs to.

You didn't give us enough details other than "a long story." It sounds like you do have at least a ticket with Iceland Express when you said "2 different legs booked", right? I would say sort things out with the airline, maybe ask for a supervisor or something. I don't know what's the reputation of Iceland Express. But according to this thread, it doesn't sound too good. Other than keep trying, calling cc company to dispute the charge may be your other option.

Good luck!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:12 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
mungah, welcome to FlyerTalk! For further discussion, I'll move this to the Travel->Europe forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lin821
Usually the card holders call the credit card companies about fraudulent and/or unauthorized charges posted to their accounts. And usually the credit card companies will drop those type of charges almost immediately. In the United States, the cc companies will assume your accounts are hacked, (maybe even identity stolen) and issue the card holders new cards with new account numbers immediately.

Good luck!
Am cautious to say too much. It's a Danish CC unfortunately. Being a non-Dane, going down that path seems to be a bit trickier.

I'll give a bit more of a review once there's a resolution...and I've flown with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.