Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a forum for independent hotels/inns?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Is there a forum for independent hotels/inns?

I could not find one, and I realize Flyertalk is all about the points, but sometimes you just gotta stay at a non-chain hotel.

My question is more general, I want to find out if there is something wrong with my language skills, because an e-mail exchange I had with an inn has me shaking my head.

Got an e-mail from them saying "your stay is 3 days away, can you please tell us what time you are planning to arrive".

ME: "since I know check in time is 4pm, we were wondering if we could have your permission, if we arrive earlier, to park at the Inn and explore the town/eat".

THEM: Crickets

ME: "while I'm waiting for a response to that question, can you please tell me if you have corkscrews in every room, or just one at the office that we could use".

THEM: "Yes there is."

ME: Yes there is...what? One in every room or just at the office? And I'm still waiting to find out if we can park earlier at the Inn?"

THEM: Crickets

Are these difficult questions?

I'm not going to e-mail again, just arrive when we arrive to see what happens.

But I'm really curious if I asked something unanswerable? This is a small inn in a very busy coastal town where parking is at a premium. It would be very convenient to just park and walk.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 2:12 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

They aren't difficult questions, but the hotel may not have enough staffing to answer promptly, or they might just see the most recent message. Unfortunately, with independent hotels, service can be hit or miss. Maybe try calling?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I wasn't going to call, but we wanted to see if we could change dates because of some bad weather here, and they were soooo nice about it. I also asked about the parking, and she said "of course, and if your room's ready early we'll be happy to check you in". Hope the actual stay goes as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.