Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fixing bad AirBnB Beds

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2021, 7:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
EditTo reflect your most recent comment: if you’re considering living there, I think $100 investment and a mattress topper might be just a thing. If you have one Airbnb you’ll be staying at, maybe check with the house to see if you can have it shipped there. E luxury has some great toppers that we’ve used for years.

You mentioned one of my dealbreaker issues. We don’t book any Airbnb it doesn’t have a lot of reviews that actually mention the bed, in addition to whatever the host provides in terms of information. We went through this exact thing with the place we’re staying at soon – a couple of people have complained about the soft mattress, so we wrote to the host first, and they verified that they had purchased a new luxury firm mattress for the cottage. It’s one of the pricier properties that we stayed in so we’re not surprised they were going to spend the money.
But I’d say check the reviews and the hosts description and maybe carry a feather bed with you - featherbeds, at least polyester ones roll up quite nicely.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
So, while living in China I bought a mattress topper at IKEA for my bed as all they provided in the apartment was a box spring. Slept on it for almost two years and was fine. It’s now on an old mattress extending the life of it so I don’t have to spend the money on a new mattress for my spare bedroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.