Beware of OYO homes

Old Feb 27, 20, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Beware of OYO homes

Wanted to share my recent experience booking a rental home with OYO homes. A week ago I booked a rental home via Southwest.com. The home was listed on both Airbnb and Southwest's hotel portal, but Southwest offered double points for the same price.

As soon as I booked, I received an email from Booking.com saying to pay them. To its credit, Southwest.com's email said payment will be handled via third party. Problem arose when I clicked the link to the Booking.com site and tried to pay. No matter whether I selected Visa, M/C, etc, it always defaulted to M/C. I only had Visa and Amex. None of my cards' numbers worked and the website said wrong card type. Can't pay deposit. Tried updated Firefox and Edge browsers; no luck.

I replied to their email asking for deposit, saying I was unable to pay via their Booking.com website. I also emailed [email protected]. Both emails I kept contents above ##- Please type your reply above this line -##. No reply. Every day they sent me email asking for deposit or my booking will be cancelled. 6 days later, they emailed me saying my booking was cancelled.

In all my time booking hotels and homes via hotel chain websites, hotels.com, orbitz, vrbo, airbnb, etc, this is the first time I've come across such incompetence. Renter beware.
Old Feb 27, 20, 1:32 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Couldn't you just buy a MasterCard Prepaid gift card? They have them at Walgreens.
Old Mar 1, 20, 6:05 am

If a company can't manage to 1) run a website that accepts Visa or American Express or 2) answer emails, I'm not about to go out of my way to buy a prepaid card. Based on the information provided, that's not a company with which I'd want to do business.

Last edited by writerguyfl; Mar 1, 20 at 6:06 am Reason: Fixed grammar.
Old May 9, 20, 11:42 pm

its possible mastercard exept more places now

Search this Thread