Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO
Reload this Page >

Need to rent from airbnb for 2.5 month, is there way to save me some?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

any suggestion on coupons, cash back site etc.? first time airbnb user, total $3300
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
When you search AirBNB And Are looking at an interesting property look for "Additional prices" (it's near the "availability calendar" and the "cancellation policy" links)

Click on the "Additional prices" link and many properties will hav discounts for week, monthly rental etc. Good luck!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: OnePass, Delta
Have you tried looking for apartments in the area where you wish to stay? Maybe an out and out home rental through a real estate company might save you some bucks, as well.

I do not know of any 'discounts' offered on rentals through ABnB....

Good luck...
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For long term rentals like this, AirBnB is too expensive - their excessive surcharges makes this a bad idea. Try to contact the owner directly for negotiating an acceptable rate or look elsewhere for long term rentals.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:22 pm

Just rent for the minimum then negotiate

I just rented an apartment through AirBnB and selected that service for the sole reason of earning Delta miles. Our intent was to rent for close to two months but the one apartment was rented for a weekend so we only reserved for the first week or so. At the conclusion of that rental we explained that we wanted to rent for two more weeks and the owner was more than willing to bypass Airbnb and do a cash transaction for the extra rental. They happened to have another apartment in the same home so we just moved there for a short time and then moved back in to the original one. I would suggest you rent for the minimum stay and then when you get the owner's contact information see if they will rent the rest of your stay outside of Airbnb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.