Wiki Posts
Search

JFK showers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, UA Gold
JFK showers

I have done a search, but not come across any entirely relevant answers. I shall be arriving from SFO at about 6.45am on United, and was wondering if there were any options for showers at JFK? I know the RCC in T7 doesn't have them, but are there any other lounges to which I might have access (i.e. landside) in other terminals? I have Priority Pass, if that helps, but I don't know if I have to have an onward boarding pass (which I won't).
Old Jan 27, 2009, 7:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This thread suggests that the Oasis lounge in T4 has a shower. I believe your PP gets you access. The lounge is land-side, so I do not believe that the lack of onward BP will be a problem.

The VS lounge in the same terminal also has showers and is outside security but I believe it is not open in the mornings and I do not think PP gets you in. AA/BA (T9) and KE (T1) also have showers but are inside security.

There is a LH lounge outside security in T1 with showers but I do not think you will have access to that facility.

Last edited by sbm12; Jan 27, 2009 at 7:18 pm
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that - I have been in the Oasis lounge when flying out of T4, but I can't remember whether there is a boarding pass check before you get to it, although I know it's before security. I'll give it a go, anyway.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Avenarius
Thanks for that - I have been in the Oasis lounge when flying out of T4, but I can't remember whether there is a boarding pass check before you get to it, although I know it's before security. I'll give it a go, anyway.
You will be able to get to the door of the lounge without showing anyone anything. After that you're on your own.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
You will be able to get to the door of the lounge without showing anyone anything. After that you're on your own.
One would hope Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Report back, please.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Report back, please.
Will do - I won't be there for a couple of weeks, but I'll let you know.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
DL CRC in T2 has showers, but it's airside.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Update - could access both the Oasis and the Lounge in T4 with no problems with Priority Pass. No need for an onward boarding pass.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Avenarius
Update - could access both the Oasis and the Lounge in T4 with no problems with Priority Pass. No need for an onward boarding pass.
And how were the showers?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
And how were the showers?
Oh! Clean, spacious, plenty of towels, plentiful supplies of shampoo and shower gel, reasonable water pressure, but a bit on the cool side. This was at about 7am, though - I am not sure if they'd be better later in the day when everything has warmed up - and it wasn't awful, just not steaming. There is only one in the lounge I went to (I think that was the Lounge, rather than the Oasis, but my memory for names is useless - it's the one on the right side as you enter), but it didn't exactly seem to be in high demand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.