best car service from ewr to midtown manhattan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXEC CLUB
best car service from ewr to midtown manhattan

hi,
i'm arriving to EWR from LHR.
which is the best car service to midtown manhattan?
(in term of punctuality, clealiness,drivers ...)
Here at FT you suggest Dial 7 or Carmel, but without giving a preference.
are all the companies approximately at the same level?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
The best car service is the one who's punctual, provides a clean car and delivers an uneventful ride at a reasonable cost. To that end, you can probably get reviews of Carmel and Dial 7 that cover both ends of the spectrum. Generally speaking, either company is fine, but there's no guarantee that you won't get a bad ride for some reason. I think both services are on par with one another.

It's possible that someone here can provide you with the name of a smaller company that might be even more reliable.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Those two are basically the same. They are generally the cheapest (or close to it) and reliable enough.

If you want something that it truly clean/professional/prompt you should try one of the more expensive services, like Boston Coach or something similar.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 3:55 pm

My employer uses Executive Limo which is actually some sort of co-op between various black car companies. I've never had a punctuality issue with them for airport pickups except during Holiday Party season (which shouldn't be an issue this year). I'm not sure who Virgin uses in the U.S. for Upper Class but they are very good as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.