Search

In-N-Out Burger To New York?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by bk3day
5 guys? where that be?

i thought Shake Shack & Blue 9 were the nyc burgers most frequently compared to I-N-O?
opened up in the outer boroughs. i went to 5 guys today in dc. it's a nice burger, but does not approach the harmonizing burger goodness of a double-double animal style IMO. Fries=Boardwalk chain which is > in-n-out but < many others
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:08 am

Ate at an In-N-Out Burger last night because of what I had heard here on FT. What's the big deal? I must just be missing something because it was nothing special. I read up on how to order etc, but I just wasn't impressed. Maybe because I'm from a beef state, I'm just used to good burgers.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by cme2c
Ate at an In-N-Out Burger last night because of what I had heard here on FT. What's the big deal? I must just be missing something because it was nothing special. I read up on how to order etc, but I just wasn't impressed. Maybe because I'm from a beef state, I'm just used to good burgers.
did you order double-double animal style?...all the other options are good, but that's the one that makes my eyes roll back in my head. Plus, if you're definition of a good burger is something approaching somewhat unseasoned meatloaf on a grill, then I-n-O isnt for you. It's a 100% Californian-style burger.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by bk3day
5 guys? where that be?

i thought Shake Shack & Blue 9 were the nyc burgers most frequently compared to I-N-O?
I went to the one that just opened in Brooklyn Heights. They have a big box full of peanuts to eat while you wait

Brooklyn, NY
138 Montague St, Brooklyn, NY 11201

Glenmont, NY
241 Route 9 West, Glenmont, NY 12077

Levitttown, NY Coming Soon
3497 Hempstead Turnpike, Levitttown, NY 11756

New York, NY Coming Soon
349 6th Ave, New York, NY 10014

New York, NY Coming Soon

New York, NY Coming Soon
43 W 55TH Street, New York, NY 10019

Niskayuna, NY
Balltown Rd., Niskayuna, NY 12304

North Greenbush, NY Coming Soon
600 North Greenbush Road, North Greenbush, NY 12144

Queens, NY
132-01 14th Ave, Queens, NY 11356

http://www.fiveguys.com/store_locator.aspx?s=NY&c=
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:42 am

duplicate

Last edited by flight911; Jul 23, 2007 at 12:43 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Jul 20, 2007, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Glenmont, North Greenbush, and Niskayuna are in the greater Albany area.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: Auto shop by CHO Frequent Oil Changer; Kayak Incognito Mode Platinum
Originally Posted by Quaker325
Really? I love them both, but they feel very different. In N Out is a true fast food restaurant and Five Guys is more akin to a "quick casual." Five Guys burgers are much bigger and about twice the price, and their fries are better. I think they fill different niches.
As another Northern Virginia (original home of Five Guys) resident, let me second this post. Five Guys and In-N-Out, both of which I love, really aren't comparable burger experiences. Five Guys is more of a homestyle burger with thick patties; In-N-Out's are the best thin fast-food patties you'll ever have. Five Guys rules the thick fry department; INO's thin fries don't match up to McDonald's in that category, sadly. Conversely, you can get a milkshake at INO; the lack of such is the one place Five Guys really falls down on the job.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:27 am
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
It's official. On my morning walk past Union Square (14th St/B'Way), a sign on the old Virgin Records spot was posted last night with two terrifyingly cheerfull, West Coast college students dressed in official In-N-Out garb handing out flyers (as if they'd ever actually work in one...)

Comming Summer 2010.

Do we really need this? Next thing you know, the Taco Bell and Wendy's on 14th St will be replaced with a Del Taco and Jack in the Box... it would be like we never left the West!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by memoses
It's official. On my morning walk past Union Square (14th St/B'Way), a sign on the old Virgin Records spot was posted last night with two terrifyingly cheerfull, West Coast college students dressed in official In-N-Out garb handing out flyers (as if they'd ever actually work in one...)

Comming Summer 2010.

Do we really need this? Next thing you know, the Taco Bell and Wendy's on 14th St will be replaced with a Del Taco and Jack in the Box... it would be like we never left the West!
That Wendy's is just gross. I wouldn't mind if Del Taco replaced them.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 7:27 am
formerly memoses

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Something or another, HH Blue :), National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Analise
That Wendy's is just gross. I wouldn't mind if Del Taco replaced them.
Mmmmmm, Taco Night Tuesdays!!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I'm the only person on FT who doesn't sing the praises of InNOut. I live a few miles away from one and never go there. Absolutely nothing special.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I guess I'm the only person on FT who doesn't sing the praises of InNOut. I live a few miles away from one and never go there. Absolutely nothing special.
Same for me. I will admit to visiting In 'N Out once a year on one of my LA trips. Their claim to fame is that they use fresh meat. FYI, they also list a biblical verse on the underside of their drink cups. That may be a problem here in New York as we hate being preached to.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by memoses
According to eater.com, this may be an April Fools Day prank:
http://ny.eater.com/archives/2010/04...out_lovers.php
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:54 am
formerly memoses

Originally Posted by ShopAround
According to eater.com, this may be an April Fools Day prank:
http://ny.eater.com/archives/2010/04...out_lovers.php
Darn it, I'm a fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes sense. The retail space they put the sign on in Union Square is the size of a Home Depot. Thought they may have been building out a small section, but alas.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Confirmed by this site as an April Fool's prank - http://fastfood.freedomblogging.com/...g-apple/57445/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.