Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Katz pastrami the best?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Henry43

JOE's South Shore Deli formerely on Utica Ave in Brooklyn and Glenwood Road in Brooklyn
Just a slight location correction: Joe's South Shore Deli was located at Ralph Avenue and Glenwood Road across from South Shore High School (my alma mater) in Brooklyn.

Interesting note: the Mill Basin Deli, located at Avenue T and East 58th Street in Brooklyn is still open, and is owned by the cousin of the owner of Joe's. I was there last month and the pastrami was still awesome.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by meducate
The Mill Basin Deli, located at Avenue T and East 58th Street in Brooklyn is still open, and is owned by the cousin of the owner of Joe's. I was there last month and the pastrami was still awesome.
Would you mind inviting some of us from the NY board next time you go. Please.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Henry43
JOE's South Shore Deli formerely on Utica Ave in Brooklyn and Glenwood Road in Brooklyn
As far as I know, there was only one location:
Joe's South Shore Deli was located at Ralph Avenue and Glenwood Road across from South Shore High School (my alma mater) in Brooklyn.
When I lived on East 77 Street before they built any buildings on East 78 Street, I used to see it from my bedroom window when it was called Appy’s.

Was there another location on Utica Avenue? If so, I do not remember that at all...
Old Feb 9, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Would you mind inviting some of us from the NY board next time you go. Please.
It was spur of the moment....
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Was there another location on Utica Avenue? If so, I do not remember that at all...
Victors was on Utica, between Church and Linden.

Name unknown deli on Utica, corner of Ave K. His last name was Lederman.
Just down the block from Red's.

dh
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:16 pm

Joe's Deli

Just a slight location correction: Joe's South Shore Deli was located at Ralph Avenue and Glenwood Road across from South Shore High School (my alma mater) in Brooklyn.

Interesting note: the Mill Basin Deli, located at Avenue T and East 58th Street in Brooklyn is still open, and is owned by the cousin of the owner of Joe's. I was there last month and the pastrami was still awesome.

My error .I was a patron of the original deli on Utica Ave .The Deli on Glenwood and Ralph was owned by a nephew of Joe .
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:19 pm

E.77 St.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
As far as I know, there was only one location:When I lived on East 77 Street before they built any buildings on East 78 Street, I used to see it from my bedroom window when it was called Appy’s.

I was in Canarsie last week and drove by the 3 locations in Canarsie that I resided in , I could hardly recognize it .The only stores left on Ave L are Marty's Pharmacy and Original Pizza

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.