Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPN - White Plains

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2001, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
HPN - White Plains

Ahhh. I can finally vent about my love/hate relationship with HPN.

LOVE:

This airport is very close to my home, and saves me the long painful drive into the city for LGA or JFK...thats about it.

HATE:

This airport is run by Monkeys!

1. There is NEVER anyone in the baggage office. I have had to hunt people down to unlock the room on several occasions when bags were delayed. Monkeys.

2. The Delta-Connection agents arent Delta employees but County employees who have no vested interest in your satisfaction. I once had an agent spend 15 minutes baffled by the passport screen on her terminal while a line built down the hallway behind me. After calling her superior and watching them page through their instruction manual, I learned what the problem was. THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO PUT IN THE "SURNAME" FIELD! Monkeys.

3. In an attemt to enforce a VOLUNTARY noise curfue, they now close the entrance to the parking garage from 12:30am to 6:00am. If you are taking the 5:59am to Atlanta, better take a cab! Oh but you can leave anytime you want. Monkeys.

4. Once when a flight was cancelled, we all had to be bussed to LGA anyway. The staff had NO idea what to do or how to do it. The driver wouldnt let people on the coach until he got vouchers. We werent given vouchers as we were told they werent needed. 30 minutes later, we left. Many missed their re-booked LGA flights because of this debacle. Monkeys.

Whew! I feel much better. Nothing like a little rant to get things off your chest.

Pointfreak...

[This message has been edited by Pointfreak! (edited 07-11-2001).]
Old Jul 16, 2001, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Pointfreak,

I'll accept your rant in the spirit it was offered.
I live in WHite Plains. While I don't fly from HPN often, I find it a great airport.
No major walking. Easy check-in. Gates and baggage area are 20 paces to the street.
As for the curfew. It's been a major problem for years. No one wants HPN to grow. As it is, it's growing anyway since the 1995 expansion.
Some airlines have violated the no fly times. And there have been many articles about this in the papers. So far...no cancelled flights. And the limo/cab people are happy.
Maybe you had a bad experience here at HPN. But monkey's.....

Dan
Old Jul 17, 2001, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum

I agree with you on most of your points. Walking, check-in, baggage, if everything runs smoothly it's fantastic! I believe if you flew more often from HPN however, your opinion would change a bit. It's when problems occur that the employees of this airport show their true colors. I also believe that the majority of my complaints are with the ASA/Comair "Delta Connection" employees. I have noticed that the UA, AA and NW agents appear to be "actual" employees...complete with their respective airlines attire, while the Delta counter is manned by "generic" county employees. I'm not sure why.

The curfew thing baffles me. If you want to live in peace, YOU DONT MOVE NEXT TO THE AIRPORT! The Interstate is noisy too but we wouldnt close the road from 12a-6a because people moved next to it and complained! This part of my rant is a minor one, because I usually take a car service anyway.

As for bad experiences, I have had several at HPN. I would say though 75% of my travels from HPN have been trouble free...it's the other 25% that irk me. That being said, I still fly there in the hopes it will get better. I'll still take 75% over a drive to LGA or Kennedy!

As for Monkeys...I guess I need to change my mantra. "The Delta Connection Counter is run by Monkeys!"

PF
Old Jul 20, 2001, 9:40 am

In all fairness, I think you may be giving monkeys a bad rap. It is often far easier to train monkeys, and they tend to be intelligent, motivated and laden with an inherent sense of curiosity and interest.
Old Jul 22, 2001, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

>>I think you may be giving monkeys a bad rap<<

Ya know I didnt even think of that. Here I am slandering our little Simian freinds.

What I SHOULD have said was:
"This airport would be better if it WAS run by Monkeys!"

PF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.