Wiki Posts
Search

Sending a package at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Nexus, VIA Rail Premier
Sending a package at JFK

This is a bit of a random one, but I just sold something online to someone who lives in the USA. It's cheaper and less hassle usually to ship domestically and I have a layover at JFK for 4 hrs on Friday morning on my way to another country. Are there any good places to ship things within the JFK terminals? I know like most US airports there's a US Post Office, but it's in a weird cargo area, and looking like a nightmare to get to on transit. I'm looking around and not finding much else. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this? Surely one of the busiest airports in the USA has a Fedex or UPS outlet somewhere?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yyztodtw
This is a bit of a random one, but I just sold something online to someone who lives in the USA. It's cheaper and less hassle usually to ship domestically and I have a layover at JFK for 4 hrs on Friday morning on my way to another country. Are there any good places to ship things within the JFK terminals? I know like most US airports there's a US Post Office, but it's in a weird cargo area, and looking like a nightmare to get to on transit. I'm looking around and not finding much else. Has anyone ever dealt with anything like this? Surely one of the busiest airports in the USA has a Fedex or UPS outlet somewhere?
Can your package fit inside a FedEx drop box, or must you use a staffed customer counter?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:59 am

Take the Air Train to Howard Beach, you will have to pay for the Air Train in each direction. The Howard Beach post office is walkable at 102-12 159th Ave, Queens, NY 11414 literally across the street from the Airtrain/Subway Stop. Okay three buildings down 159th Street on the left from the exit.
yyztodtw likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Nexus, VIA Rail Premier
Originally Posted by guv1976
Can your package fit inside a FedEx drop box, or must you use a staffed customer counter?

I guess I could make a label of some sort! Are there drop boxes in the airport?

I'm surprised somebody hasn't thought of a shipping service for items that people aren't able to fly with for some reason...

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Take the Air Train to Howard Beach, you will have to pay for the Air Train in each direction. The Howard Beach post office is walkable at 102-12 159th Ave, Queens, NY 11414 literally across the street from the Airtrain/Subway Stop. Okay three buildings down 159th Street on the left from the exit.
Thank you!

Last edited by yyztodtw; Dec 13, 2023 at 1:58 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Brighton Line gives a good option. However as that will cost you $16.50 (airtrain fee), 60-90 mins, and a likely negative USPS in-person experience, you may want to consider just mailing it from home.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yyztodtw
I guess I could make a label of some sort! Are there drop boxes in the airport?
There appears to be a FedEx drop box on the second floor of JFK T4. (Whether it is airside or landside I do not know.) I would call FedEx to confirm. You should be able to go airside at T4 -- if necessary -- with a same-day boarding pass for a flight departing from any JFK terminal.

Both UPS and FedEx drop boxes have room to hold supplies: next-day and second-day air envelopes, shipping labels, etc. But I would never rely on any particular box having the supplies I need on any particular day. If you can obtain what you need from a FedEx drop box or office before you arrive at JFK, that would be prudent. Depending on the package's destination, FedEx's cheaper Ground Service might be all you need for timely delivery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.