Wiki Posts
Search

B-fast at LGA Terminal B: Not Worth It!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2023, 12:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

B-fast at LGA Terminal B: Not Worth It!

I have TSA Pre-Check and CLEAR memberships. At LaGuardia's terminal B, there is no CLEAR. The TSA Pre-Check line was really long a few days ago (I estimated 20 minutes), so I walked over to the B-Fast lane (which is regular security, not TSA Pre-Check) and had paid for a B-Fast pass.

B-Fast is a total waste of money if you have TSA Pre-Check.

First, the airport agent at the head of B-Fast line said that she had to log in on her device to let me use B-Fast. I sat there for a few minutes while she worked to log in. Finally, after several minutes, she did.
Second, the B-Fast line had about 15 people in it, so it wasn't nearly as fast as CLEAR would be.
Third, the TSA agents let people from the regular (non-Pre-Check) line repeatedly go to the ID check stations but refused to let anyone from the B-Fast line go. The TSA agents also let dozens of wheelchair passengers go, too, but still refused to let anyone from the B-Fast line go. Finally they started letting people from the B-Fast line go.

Using B-Fast took about 15 minutes from the time that I entered the B-Fast line until I got past the X-ray conveyor belts. That was only marginally faster than a very long TSA Pre-Check line.

Bring CLEAR to LGA Terminal B and get rid of this B-Fast ripoff!
sobore likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 6:40 pm

I'm going to make the assumption that you are a Delta Guy. I personally just try to avoid LGA like the plague. I've never liked that airport, and still am furious about someone stealing one of my checked bags back in 2011, from the baggage carousel.

Even with the renovations, I dislike how there is no easy transportation there, beyond Taxi. Not to mention, the lack of services like CLEAR that you'd find at JFK, or EWR. I guess it helps that I fly mostly with United, too.

As for you, I would personally write a complaint, and ask for a refund, or another pass/credit for another trip. I would empathize how your experience did not represent any additional value for what you paid, and how you plan to file a formal complaint with the FAA. It's worth a shot.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingM
I'm going to make the assumption that you are a Delta Guy. I personally just try to avoid LGA like the plague. I've never liked that airport, and still am furious about someone stealing one of my checked bags back in 2011, from the baggage carousel.

Even with the renovations, I dislike how there is no easy transportation there, beyond Taxi. Not to mention, the lack of services like CLEAR that you'd find at JFK, or EWR. I guess it helps that I fly mostly with United, too.

As for you, I would personally write a complaint, and ask for a refund, or another pass/credit for another trip. I would empathize how your experience did not represent any additional value for what you paid, and how you plan to file a formal complaint with the FAA. It's worth a shot.
Q70 to E, and you are in Manhattan within 30 minutes most of the time. M60 and you are at my place (Astoria) within 15 minutes. It's super convenient
​​​​
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 7:12 am

Fancy new terminals, even fancy new ramp areas for plane movement but it is still the same limited number of taxiways and the same two intersecting runways that will still cause the same delays.
Not that JFK/EWR don't have their own movement problems, being stuck in a United push 27th for takeoff or JFK holding departures because of the backup of international arrivals.
Probably posting this because I have a 7p flight out of LGA today and am venting, start looking for thunderstorms now..
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Fancy new terminals, even fancy new ramp areas for plane movement but it is still the same limited number of taxiways and the same two intersecting runways that will still cause the same delays.
Not that JFK/EWR don't have their own movement problems, being stuck in a United push 27th for takeoff or JFK holding departures because of the backup of international arrivals.
Probably posting this because I have a 7p flight out of LGA today and am venting, start looking for thunderstorms now..
Haha. We all know the feeling too well.

Today should be good.

Just be (somewhat) relieved you are not leaving from EWR. It could be worse. Safe travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.