Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TWA Day Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

TWA Day Stay?

I am flying Jet Blue from Maine to Washington on a weekday in July. Total trip is 22 hours due to a 3rd connection to get home in WA & long drives to / from airports.

Layover in JFK is 11:08 am - 4:40 pm. I am flying mint so maybe get the faster TSA line if it's available at JFK.

Do you think it's worth it to book a day stay at TWA for $215 or do you think I can find comfort seating in terminal 5 for the long layover? my only expectation at TWA would just be a clean bed to lounge and a bathroom. I'm not into fine dining, shopping, or drinking so don't generally have much to do in airports.

Generally speaking should I be able to get a day room at TWA if I book when I get there? How much time would you allow for TSA on a Monday afternoon in terminal 5?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
For 3 - 3.5 hours I don't believe that I would do it. What about just getting a day pass for the TWA Hotel fitness center for $25 and maybe workout, stretch, and take a shower.
Marcarjar likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or just go have lunch at the restaurant at the TWA hotel. You don't have to be "into fine dining" to eat lunch, do you? And you can probably even spend an hour exploring the public areas of the TWA hotel, the architecture is stunning.
Then maybe ride the inner Airtrain loop around to look at all the terminals and planes.
And then go to T5.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:44 pm

I regret not getting the day room, especially when my long layover also had a delay. The way things are going, yours might end up longer than 3.5 hours and given the length of your travel day, I think you should rest when you can. T5 isn’t comfortable.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:49 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Plenty of people don’t, but having that room would be awfully nice. Especially if you’ve never been to TWA.

I wouldn’t really call the Paris Cafe much of a fine dining thing. Pizza and sandwiches. Although it will still blow $30. Welcome to NY.

Last edited by TravelerMSY; Jun 27, 2022 at 10:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.