Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

JFK airport and snowstorm (Winter Storm Kenan - Jan 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:11 am
Original Poster

I'm coming from paris to JFK airport on saturday at 1 pm. What do you think is gonna happen to my flight ? cancelled or delayed ? is there still a chance that it leaves on time ?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:42 am

Have you checked with your airline, your flight on Saturday may already have been canceled.
Many late Friday and Saturday have already been cancelled from the east though Sunday still up in the air (pardon the pun).
Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Have you checked with your airline, your flight on Saturday may already have been canceled.
Many late Friday and Saturday have already been cancelled from the east though Sunday still up in the air (pardon the pun).
Yes i have checked and they haven’t cancelled anything and or not giving much info…
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: Fmr. UA 1K, Hilton Honors Gold
Given that certain airlines like United and American have issued travel waivers, you shouldn't be surprised to see your flight at least delayed, if not cancelled. From what I'm hearing the storm should be pretty heavy. Are you familiar with your rights as stated in EU261?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 8:05 am
Original Poster

The thing is that Delta has issued waiver but unless the flight is cancelled you still have to pay the price difference for the tickets you exchange which is like 4k lol. I am aware of my rights but when the cancellations and delays are due to weather conditions we benefit from far less compensation
Old Jan 28, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Whilst there is no compensation for a flight delay or cancellation due to weather there is still duty of care so depending on the length of the delay that could include meals or providing a hotel room if the delay is overnight

All you can really do is keep checking the DL app to check on the flight status and take it from there.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Cancelled.

There are going to be almost no traffic on Saturday (either departures or arrivals). Sunday's possibility will depend on the severity of the storm and how fast airlines/airports can recover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.