Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

JFK Terminal 5 lounge availability non-airline scheme member?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver

JFK Term 5
Flying out of Terminal 5 (on TAP), and need to get some work done. Could not found a lounge in the terminal - any idea which lounges are accessible from there, if at all?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 9:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by iggyray
JFK Term 5
Flying out of Terminal 5 (on TAP), and need to get some work done. Could not found a lounge in the terminal - any idea which lounges are accessible from there, if at all?
I doubt most of us would know if there’s a lounge for pay or available to TAP customers departing T-5 in this forum.

sleepinginairports.com teports the only lounges in ”Terminal 5 – JetBlue Rooftop Terrace • Aer Lingus Lounge.” Perhaps one allows non-members or passengers not eligible via flying in for a fee?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
but some would know if one can actually walk airside to a lounge in a different terminal, right?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by iggyray
but some would know if one can actually walk airside to a lounge in a different terminal, right?
This is the AA forum. For a generic JFK lounge question I would recommend searching first, then asking, over in the NYC forum, for starters.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-york-city-465/
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Thanks, very helpful.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 10:54 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
[QUOTE;31792430]but some would know if one can actually walk airside to a lounge in a different terminal, right?[/QUOTE]

I don’t believe you can walk airside between terminals at JFK, which are linked by a train. I’ll move this to a more appropriate forum for your best replies.

Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:56 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
I doubt most of us would know if there’s a lounge for pay or available to TAP customers departing T-5 in this forum.

sleepinginairports.com teports the only lounges in ”Terminal 5 – JetBlue Rooftop Terrace • Aer Lingus Lounge.” Perhaps one allows non-members or passengers not eligible via flying in for a fee?
I was just in JFK T5 flying Mint on Jet Blue and it was made very clear by Jet Blue staff who I asked that Jet Blue doesn't have a lounge. The only lounge I know of in T5 is the Priority Pass lounge. Or did all those Jet Blue staffers get it wrong?

Last edited by RichardInSF; Dec 2, 2019 at 5:05 pm Reason: fix typo
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by JDiver
I’ll move this to a more appropriate forum for your best replies.
Did you mean to move it here to the UK and Ireland forum?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:30 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Yeah, we're going to be rubbish at answering this. Let's head over the Atlantic and see if we can find a more suitable home.

Moving to NYC forum.

stut
UK & Ireland
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I was just in JFK T6 flying Mint on Jet Blue and it was made very clear by Jet Blue staff who I asked that Jet Blue doesn't have a lounge. The only lounge I know of in T5 is the Priority Pass lounge. Or did all those Jet Blue staffers get it wrong?
FWIW you werent in T6, at least for the past x # of years, simply since it was torn down. Blue flys out of T5. The Terms @ JFK are 1,2,4,5,7,8

OP AFAIK there isnt any lounge in T5, and as others have said even if you have access to a lounge it will be in a different term which arent connected to one another airside, and landside you would need to take the AirTrain and then hope security will allow you to pass thru

The unknown question which wouldnt be any use to you now,, is will Jet Blue when they start up TATL flights open a Lounge of its own or somehow get a PP lounge to open in which certain of its flyers will be welcomed
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Airspace lounge, which was accessible to Amex Plat cardholders (but not part of PriorityPass IIRC) closed in 2018. There is an Aer Lingus lounge, I would assume that they partner with TAP for business class passengers, but OP doesn't state class of service. They might offer paid access too, I don't know. There is also a USO lounge for those in the military service.

Otherwise, it's a modern terminal, with WiFi, tables, and electric outlets, and I don't see any reason work can't get done in the general terminal, lots of people do that every day.

Also, there is no airside access to any other terminal at JFK from T5. T4 has the Wingtips priority pass lounge just after security, although PP hours are limited and it's a sucky lounge and in no way better than just staying in T5.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:31 am

I flew TP business class from JFK in February and they did not offer access to any lounge (the check-in folks were pretty apologetic about it). From their website it doesn't look like that has changed yet (the only mention of a lounge at JFK is a note that the Airspace lounge closed in 2018).

I think Aer Lingus has the only active lounge in T5, but it closes after their last departure, which is usually about 2 hours before the TP flight.

That said, if you just need to get work done, I don't think you'll need a lounge. T5 is a modern terminal with varied seating arrangements and lots of power plugs. And it usually gets pretty quiet at night. There are only a handful of flights that leave after 10pm, with the TP flight being one of the last of the night.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 11:34 am

JfK !T 5 no lounges

There seem to be no pay lounges in terminal 5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.