Wiki Posts
Search

Ground transportation options from JFK to Brooklyn

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by ijgordon
That time of night, where I would guess LIRR frequency to Atlantic Ave is more limited
I just pulled up the Thursday night/Friday morning schedule. Trains at 1142p, 1216a, 1249a and 120a. That might be reason enough to opt for a taxi or uber over public transportation.

If you really want to do public transportation, check the time when you arrive at the AirTrain. If you can get a Jamaica-bound AirTrain about 15-20 minutes prior to a scheduled LIRR train, that timing should work perfectly. Otherwise, you could take a Howard Beach-bound AirTrain to the A Train to the hotel. That will take 84 minutes (according to google maps). The walk from the subway will be fine even at that hour.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I'd just take Carmel (or Dial 7, but I've been happier with Carmel over the past couple of years). Often some online discount (which always is an issue w/Dial 7, but not Carmel), you'll not have to worry about fumbling for US$ for your transit fares, and you'll go door to door after a long travel day. Reserve in advance, they usually arrive w/in 10 minutes of your call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.