Favorite EWR lot closing (moving)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite EWR lot closing (moving)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Yeah I prefer self parking honestly feels like less hassle for me.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
After checking out reviews online, I was uncomfortable booking with some of the recommendations posted above.

I did book with way.com
Airport Hotel Inn & Suites-Newark (EWR) Airport Parking

They were really cheap. When I arrived, a van immediately took me to the United terminal. It was a 4 minute trip. When I arrived home, I called them and they dispatched a van within 12 minutes. Since this is a pre-paid rate, they gave me my keys in my waiting car.

For 2 days plus a few extra hours, I paid $16.25 + $5.20 in taxes/fees. Total $21.45. ^

I'm surprised that this company hasn't been mentioned.

dh
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53
After checking out reviews online, I was uncomfortable booking with some of the recommendations posted above.

I did book with way.com
Airport Hotel Inn & Suites-Newark (EWR) Airport Parking

They were really cheap. When I arrived, a van immediately took me to the United terminal. It was a 4 minute trip. When I arrived home, I called them and they dispatched a van within 12 minutes. Since this is a pre-paid rate, they gave me my keys in my waiting car.

For 2 days plus a few extra hours, I paid $16.25 + $5.20 in taxes/fees. Total $21.45. ^

I'm surprised that this company hasn't been mentioned.

dh
That used to be the Economy Lodge and is bet EWR Parking and Crowne Plaza correct? With whom did you make your res the EWR lot or The Hotel? If the hotel Im surprised they dropped off and p/u at The Term rather then P4 where hotel vans are suppose to do d/o & p/u

btw that same lot has appeared as an option on some of the sites Ive mentioned , so all that should matter is rate being charged rather then which site is used

OK just looked at way.com and it seems the vans from EWR parking takes care of Airport Hotel as well and thats why no P4 as with the other Hotels. EWR is enclosed , from passing by seems Airport isnt, so 1 what happens if no spaces at Airport do U park by EWR for the same price (seems EWR is $1= more per day)? do you have to walk over to EWR(not far) or does the shuttle p/u by the hotel? any other info would be appreciated, especially since Jiffys Groupon says tax and airport fee not included so Jiffy is way over priced now

Last edited by craz; Feb 10, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Old Feb 12, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Sorry. I don't understand your response below. I was googling cheap parking at EWR and stumbled upon way.com When I googled reviews for Way.com, they made me feel comfortable, so I booked a reservation with Way.

I pulled into what looked like an airport parking lot. The hotel may have been set back, but I wasn't paying attention. Everything else that followed was your typical drop off / pick up routine.

Originally Posted by craz
That used to be the Economy Lodge and is bet EWR Parking and Crowne Plaza correct? With whom did you make your res the EWR lot or The Hotel? If the hotel Im surprised they dropped off and p/u at The Term rather then P4 where hotel vans are suppose to do d/o & p/u

btw that same lot has appeared as an option on some of the sites Ive mentioned , so all that should matter is rate being charged rather then which site is used

OK just looked at way.com and it seems the vans from EWR parking takes care of Airport Hotel as well and thats why no P4 as with the other Hotels. EWR is enclosed , from passing by seems Airport isnt, so 1 what happens if no spaces at Airport do U park by EWR for the same price (seems EWR is $1= more per day)? do you have to walk over to EWR(not far) or does the shuttle p/u by the hotel? any other info would be appreciated, especially since Jiffys Groupon says tax and airport fee not included so Jiffy is way over priced now
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Sorry. I don't understand your response below. I was googling cheap parking at EWR and stumbled upon way.com When I googled reviews for Way.com, they made me feel comfortable, so I booked a reservation with Way.

I pulled into what looked like an airport parking lot. The hotel may have been set back, but I wasn't paying attention. Everything else that followed was your typical drop off / pick up routine.
I never heard of way.com so I checked it out, seems that its cheaper to park by The hotel (Airport Hotel) then EWR Parking. I happened to know they are next door to one another and share a fence+. When I clicked onto EWR it showed a van that also had Airport Hotel on it so I assumed theres some type of arrangement bet the 2 or that they have the same owner. EWR is fenced in and valet I believe , while Airport Hotel isnt fenced in(secure) and seems to be self-parking

The lot for the hotel at least from the front along the 1-9 doesnt seem to be large so I was wondering what would happen if a person makes a res and theres no room, thusly my set of questions to you.

The main reason I didnt try them before now is Liberty was dirt cheap and even cheaper with the Groupon, that is no longer the case, so I now have to find a new lot, as Jiffy's Groupons says tax not included, so where a 2 week coupon was $70 then $99 its now $119 with Jiffy plus tax and airport fee
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I also use to use ParkNewark (a/k/a Newark Liberty Parking). Where do you guys park now?

I can log into the Jiffy park site and see I have 450pts, not sure how much parking I can get with that so maybe I should just keep parking there.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eng3
I also use to use ParkNewark (a/k/a Newark Liberty Parking). Where do you guys park now?

I can log into the Jiffy park site and see I have 450pts, not sure how much parking I can get with that so maybe I should just keep parking there.
1- 100pts = 1 free day

2- when i called again the other week to reconfirm they will honor the old groupons that has expired but was to retain the value paid, I was told we are honoring all groupons. Well after parking and running very late for my Intl flight , I was told to contact Groupon about a full refund. Well thats sweet since now they will ding me $200 for the 2 weeks, yet its $6.99 per day @ www.cheapairportparking.com I hope my CC will stand by me when I dispute the charge due to their not honoring what they said they would. It will help its the same company and that they rolled over everyones parking # to Jiffy. Then my gut tells me they will never answer the CC

3- the booths are still not in place so they pick you up and as others posted drive you to the trailer to check-in and the same when you return. Till they get set up properly I wouldnt park here even @ $6.99 a day. Also no markings at all for the rows and the asphalt is terrible. hard to believe this is the same company that ran Newark Liberty. Had they had any brains they would have waited till they were 100% ready before allowing anyone to actually park
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
1- 100pts = 1 free day

2- when i called again the other week to reconfirm they will honor the old groupons that has expired but was to retain the value paid, I was told we are honoring all groupons. Well after parking and running very late for my Intl flight , I was told to contact Groupon about a full refund. Well thats sweet since now they will ding me $200 for the 2 weeks, yet its $6.99 per day @ www.cheapairportparking.com I hope my CC will stand by me when I dispute the charge due to their not honoring what they said they would. It will help its the same company and that they rolled over everyones parking # to Jiffy. Then my gut tells me they will never answer the CC

3- the booths are still not in place so they pick you up and as others posted drive you to the trailer to check-in and the same when you return. Till they get set up properly I wouldnt park here even @ $6.99 a day. Also no markings at all for the rows and the asphalt is terrible. hard to believe this is the same company that ran Newark Liberty. Had they had any brains they would have waited till they were 100% ready before allowing anyone to actually park
I agree. I hate the whole trailer experience. It really is a shame. They had such a good operation going and now its just a mess. I am still unsure what I am going to do moving forward. I have given them 3 shots in the new lot, and I just don't like it. I think I will be taking my business over to the Parking Spot across the street.

I missy McCellan St before it became a Parking Spot.(going back quite a bit on that one). That place was great. Then I moved over to Newark Liberty. I don't think Jiffy Park will be my new go to anymore.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 6:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
I agree. I hate the whole trailer experience. It really is a shame. They had such a good operation going and now its just a mess. I am still unsure what I am going to do moving forward. I have given them 3 shots in the new lot, and I just don't like it. I think I will be taking my business over to the Parking Spot across the street.

I missy McCellan St before it became a Parking Spot.(going back quite a bit on that one). That place was great. Then I moved over to Newark Liberty. I don't think Jiffy Park will be my new go to anymore.
their main problem is not having the pay booths up which would have solved most of the problems. they still need to repave the whole lot and put up decent signs that will allow a person to note where they parked

when I pulled in last weds it seems they have the foundations and wiring for the booths already in place. was told the city was working on the street and they had to wait till that work was finished

using the link I posted 2 posts up will cost $6.99 a day = tx and airport fee which is alot cheaper then Groupon, especially if Groupon no longer includes the tax and they hit you anyways for the $5 airport fee.

For me if not Jiffy then its EZWay and thats valet which unless its winter time I dont like. The Hotels lots means using the hotel shuttles that dont circle as much and using the airtrain to/from P4, which is a bother even with only a carry-on

which i could find a deal like @ PHL where i pay a flat $6 per night
Old Apr 10, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
1- 100pts = 1 free day
Damn, so only 4.5 free days. I only head up to EWR for intl trips and I got a week long one coming up. How long til those points expire?

I usually use Parking Spot in PHL. They actually give me a card with my parking spot written on it. Sometimes it ends up taking me 30min to get to the terminal though. The one at EWR is $9/day but I can use points to park for free.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:22 am

Did Jiffy Park ever get the paybooths installed or do you still have to goto the trailer?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:17 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Did Jiffy Park ever get the paybooths installed or do you still have to goto the trailer?
Both, meaning you enter and either use your Liberty or Jiffy card and go park get on a shuttle and off to the Terms or take atkt and go park = when entering no need to hit the trailer any longer.

However when leaving you have to pay in the trailer, hopefully it wont be too much longer before you can pay when you exit

I found at times www.cheapairportparking.org to be cheaper then groupon. Do note Groupons dates when its not accepeted they told me even if you are there for 1 day during the time its not accepetd you cant use Groupon.Also groupon now unlike Liberty does not include the 15% tax or airport fee and when using a groupon you get Zero pts towards a fee day which wasnt the case @ Liberty
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:44 am

Wink Thanks for Mentioning Us Craz

Both, meaning you enter and either use your Liberty or Jiffy card and go park get on a shuttle and off to the Terms or take atkt and go park = when entering no need to hit the trailer any longer.

However when leaving you have to pay in the trailer, hopefully it wont be too much longer before you can pay when you exit

I found at times www.cheapairportparking.org to be cheaper then groupon. Do note Groupons dates when its not accepeted they told me even if you are there for 1 day during the time its not accepetd you cant use Groupon.Also groupon now unlike Liberty does not include the 15% tax or airport fee and when using a groupon you get Zero pts towards a fee day which wasnt the case @ Liberty
Hey Craz, I work for CAP - thanks for mentioning us.

Another quick tip here in case you weren't aware: we offer a daily discount code that saves an additional $5 off at the time of reservation. The link to the discount page can be found at the bottom of the reservation page. For Newark Liberty this is the page: http://www.cheapairportparking.org/coupons/EWR

Just refer to that page every time you need to make a reservation.

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 6:08 pm

Just parked here this weekend. The automated gate to go in is open and working. Still have to go to the trailer to pay when you leave. Thanks to that discount up thread I couldn't resist parked there this weekend for 14 bucks. Still a hassle. Have been using the Parking Spot Haynes. Not in love with it either. Newark Liberty Parking was perfect I miss it terribly.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:03 am

Going past jiffy I didn't see the gates up yet.
I ended up parking at the "Spot" lot again. $12/day. Shuttle service sucks, never sure if you're getting picked up at your car. Coming back, waited 30min for the shuttle while I saw the other ones go by 4 times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.