Wiki Posts
Search

7 Hour Christmas Day JFK Layover

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy 7 Hour Christmas Day JFK Layover

Hey everyone, happy holidays!

I am flying through JFK on Christmas day, connecting from a Delta in T2/3 to LH in T1 going to FRA. I am traveling with a group on LH, and so I have to meet them outside of security about 3 hours into my layover in T1. I also won't have my LH ticket until then, so I probably wouldn't be able to get through security in T1.

I am not checking bags, and it seems that unfortunately there is no way I can stay within security by moving to T1.

Since it's Christmas Day, what should I even do at JFK? Stay in T2? Any way I can get past security for a lounge in T1?

Thanks,
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Without the LH BP I don't see how you can get past security in T1. If you want a lounge while you await the group you are meeting, the best bet (especially since you have no checked luggage) may be to not exit the the terminal you arrive at JFK on DL.. You will arrive in either T2 or T4. Both terminals have a Delta SkyClub.

If you don't have access to the Sky Club and/or don't want to pay for entry, there is a diner in the arrivals (outside security) area of T4 where you can hang out for a while. Otherwise, there is a pre-security food court (think McDonalds and other quick service) in T1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.