Wiki Posts
Search

Barbone Restaurant, East Village, NYC.... Delicious Italian food

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Barbone Restaurant, East Village, NYC.... Delicious Italian food

Just got home from a restaurant in the East Village - Barbone. Delicious homestyle Italian (more northern, I think). And it was 5 courses for $30 tonight (usually $42). They were small, so I feel pleasantly full and not stuffed.

Also: I tried a new wine grape! I'd never heard of it: pecorino. I always thought it was just a cheese. It makes a delightful, light, crisp yet fruity white wine. Went really well with the pasta and cream sauces.

I am now having a gewurztraminer...it's rather too sweet, but it's the only white wine I have in stock at the moment that isn't fizzy...and it's described as a "Dry" wine, too, on the label.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Just got home from a restaurant in the East Village - Barbone. Delicious homestyle Italian (more northern, I think). And it was 5 courses for $30 tonight (usually $42). They were small, so I feel pleasantly full and not stuffed.

Also: I tried a new wine grape! I'd never heard of it: pecorino. I always thought it was just a cheese. It makes a delightful, light, crisp yet fruity white wine. Went really well with the pasta and cream sauces.

I am now having a gewurztraminer...it's rather too sweet, but it's the only white wine I have in stock at the moment that isn't fizzy...and it's described as a "Dry" wine, too, on the label.
What were your five courses?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ah yes...

1. Fennel & Radicchio Salad calamata olives, pecorino & parsley
2. Cavatelli, chicken sausage, white wine & sage
3. Black pepper linguine with rock shrimp
4. Veal & Buffalo ricotta meatballs, red peppers two ways
5. Hazelnut gelato affogado
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by gfunkdave

There are plenty of delicious Gewurz out there. Many of them not over the top sweet.

dh
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That gewurztraminer gave me a terrific headache this morning. I poured the rest of the bottle down the sink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.