Wiki Posts
Search

One week+ in NY

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
One week+ in NY

We will be staying in NY for 9 nights next Spring. We've booked a room at the Beacon, which seems like a good option due to the reasonable cost and kitchenettes, but are we missing something? Are there good sites to rent apartments? I'd like something that has some hotel services but don't want to pay a luxury hotel rate for 9 nights. If there is a higher end hotel that will cut a deal for a longer stay (the Beacon wouldn't), that would be great to know.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Contact Sky City Apartments. They are very reliable and should be able to offer you a nice furnished apartment at a very reasonable price.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:51 am

I'm familiar with a hotel property that is apartment style and all kitchenettes. Upper east side
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by sfolawyer
We will be staying in NY for 9 nights next Spring. We've booked a room at the Beacon, which seems like a good option due to the reasonable cost and kitchenettes, but are we missing something? Are there good sites to rent apartments? I'd like something that has some hotel services but don't want to pay a luxury hotel rate for 9 nights. If there is a higher end hotel that will cut a deal for a longer stay (the Beacon wouldn't), that would be great to know.
Short term rentals of private apartments is actually illegal in NYC now. Apparently there are lots of ways around the law, but you wouldn't want to risk your week+ trip that the person renting to you gets caught...

Here's the law itself: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/download...hapter_225.pdf

All that said, agencies like Sky City may have ways around the law. Be very careful if that's the route you take.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.