Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Occupy Wall Street march on 5/1 - threaten to shut down bridges/tunnels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nrr
Using the Lincoln Tunnel (NYC side) as an example, there are limited exit and entrance spots. If the police are in place hours before any of the goons arrive, and pedestrian approaches are totally blocked with barricades might serve as a deterrent. [I haven't (until now) given much thought to crowd control, but the police (using New Years eve as an example) have been successful for decades.]
Hope so.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I will be there.
Did you make it or did the weather change your plans? Looking forward to seeing the meaningful change this demonstration brings about!
Old May 1, 2012, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Did you make it or did the weather change your plans? Looking forward to seeing the meaningful change this demonstration brings about!
I did! It was a great event. Though to avoid the political, we should probably cease discussion.
Old May 2, 2012, 6:11 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
How many bridges and tunnels got shut down?
Old May 2, 2012, 6:30 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I believe there was some disruption of the Williamsburg Bridge in the afternoon.

My normal stop on the way home is the downtown N/R south of 14th, so I left a bit early to make sure I didn't get stuck on the wrong side of Broadway.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:27 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I did! It was a great event. Though to avoid the political, we should probably cease discussion.
Thank you! ^ /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.