Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant Week 2010: January 25 - February 7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Restaurant Week 2010: January 25 - February 7

For those of you who are interested, it is coming up. The name is of course a misnomer; it lasts longer than a week.

Lunch: $24.07
Dinner: $35.00

http://gonyc.about.com/cs/restaurant...aurantweek.htm
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: Co Gold
I was going to post about this at the weekend as Mrs Rhino_uk and I are coming over for a week, primarily to eat

So far I've managed to book -

Del Posto, Crema, Periyali, Convivo, The Modern & Bar Boulud

Hoping to add Metrazur to the list tomorrow when the 14 day window opens for me.

I still need at least one lunch and am open to suggestions if anyone thinks I've made any bad choices.

While on the subject, if anyone wants to meet up for a drink some time let me know and we'll try to arrange something
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:18 am

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I've never done restaurant week. so I can do go to any of the restaurants in the RW list and it's the same price as you listed?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Whichever restaurants interests you, contact them first. Some might offer only the lunch deal, others just dinner. So know before you go as they say.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I'd love to see a list of quality restaurants that do not participate in restaurant week. Those are the restaurants I want to go to during the promotional period!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
I'd love to see a list of quality restaurants that do not participate in restaurant week. Those are the restaurants I want to go to during the promotional period!
LOL
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I've never done restaurant week. so I can do go to any of the restaurants in the RW list and it's the same price as you listed?
Make sure you have a Restaurant Week reservation (either reserved through opentable via the link above, or confirmed directly with the restaurant). A few places participate but only set aside a certain number of tables for Restaurant Week, so you might not be able to order the $25/35 lunch/dinner menu if you have a regular reservation.

That said, there are also a lot of restaurants that have a $25 lunch menu all year 'round and just participate in Restaurant Week for the extra marketing.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA platinum, HA platinum, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG
Has anyone tried the meals this year? Any recommendations. I'm particularly interested in Sunday (Feb 7th) lunch or dinner in the theater district. Oh, and show recommendations as well.

Any suggestions for restaurants that do the lunch menu year-round on Saturdays? The restaurant week promo excludes Saturdays, right?

thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:49 pm

On Feb. 7th it looks like there are some late-ish seatings available at the Modern, which IMO is one of the best restaurants in the city and is walking distance from the Theater District.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I'm going to scour the lists for some of the better restaurants and I will try to organize a mini-do for the beginning of Restaurant Week. If your interested, keep your eyes peeled on the Community thread as trying one of these great restaurants at these prices while discussing our FT habit...sounds like fun to me.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 2:34 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by stravels
Has anyone tried the meals this year? Any recommendations. I'm particularly interested in Sunday (Feb 7th) lunch or dinner in the theater district. Oh, and show recommendations as well.

Any suggestions for restaurants that do the lunch menu year-round on Saturdays? The restaurant week promo excludes Saturdays, right?

thanks!
Tocqueville

I took some FTers here... They seemed fairly happy overall. It wasn't Tocqueville's strongest day that afternoon, but it is one of my favorites for a nice lunch out (esp. on a Saturday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.